Need help figuring out the name of a headlight part!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LeBeast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Magnum
Hey guys !

I was looking at my dodge ram and noticed that this part of the headlight came off. Its like the case that goes around the actual light bulb , it resembles a dipper. I included a picture , but I took it while it was raining so kind of hard to see. Can someone please tell me what the name of the part is and if I have to completely replace the headlight or is there a DIY way. If so what headlights do you guys recommend? This is my first truck so sorry if its a dumb question! Also , i already took the freedom to take out the bulb to try and get that piece with no luck so far.

Thank you guys!!!IMG_20210703_132323.jpg

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hard to see but it might be the reflector if there is one ??
Does it cover the bulb inside?

car-part.com and see if there are any really nice used ones available.

OP
OP
LeBeast

LeBeast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Magnum
It's this dipper thing
IMG_20210703_145719.jpg

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I believe that part, which is not available as a replacement part, is molded in to the reflector.

You'll have to replace the headlight.

I got a set of headlights for my 3rd gen MegaCan from Headlight Depot. They were competitively priced and eventually were modded into a projector style for a HID kit install.

It looks like your truck is a 2005 model 1500. Here's a link to their website and the Dodge 1500 truck section:

https://www.headlightsdepot.com/search/2005/dodge/ram-1500

OP
OP
LeBeast

LeBeast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Magnum
Hey thank you and mine is a 04 1500! And yeah I'm struggling to place the clip thing back in it's hole. I was hoping to be able to fix it but I guess I have to start looking for replacements

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don't rule out car-part.com, you might find a like new or very good condition OEM light.

Maybe I have just had bad luck, but I have gotten a few aftermarket that just did not have as good of light pattern as oem.
Also Rockauto carries headlights, there is a coupon on here for 5% off. As well as the site mentioned above.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Yeah on OEMs that little piece isn’t really fixable, youd be better off finding a new headlight. I agree with pacosfortacos though, the aftermarket is full of a bunch of meh performing headlights. There might be some that are good, but if you aren’t wanting to sink a lot of $$$ I’d just stick with a factory style replacement