Need Help Mysterious Clunk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarineBSP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Quick_Shifter has good advice - do the two steps one-at-a-time, or you might need to re-assemble & retest. Looks like your RH side (to frame) track bar bushing has seen better days, though it may not be the noisy part. The sway bar link bushing does look a little suspect.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
00B6EC97-DFDE-455D-A96D-DB30694EAE32.png
I can’t tell if this is a weld, paint, or rubber ?
I think it might be a sign of wear or corrosion not sure.

OP
OP
JD522

JD522

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry for the silence. My daughter brought a stomach bug home from school and it hit me this past weekend. Do I need to put these back to specific torques? I need to buy at least a 21mm socket. I have a 19mm and an adjustable, open-ended wrench. But, I'm wondering if I should get a torque wrench. I want to figure that out before I take bolts out.

@Mister Luck Those blemishes you circled wiped off. I was sure the upper ones were grooves. But, no. Maybe it was paint flaking off the end of that metal bar that surrounds it. That piece feels like plastic or hard rubber.