need info on programmer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nathanfoubert14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so as it says need some of your guys input on programmers as i am in the market for buying one as of right now i have an afe stage 2 cold air and diamond eye 5" turbo back no muffler what do ya recomend

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Also cant go wrong with an H&S Mini Maxx if you get one of the older ones. I love mine.

OP
OP
N

nathanfoubert14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cool thanks for the info guys ill do some checking out on those and let ya know what i get

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I agree. You can't beat H&S programmers for Cummins.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Mini Maxx or smarty
Being an 07 5.9, how much different is the new street tune vs. the race tuner?

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
From what i've read they are very similar, but the new street tuner doesn't allow for DPF/EGR deleting. Oh and it looks like the highest tune is 200hp vs the 180hp on the race tuners. I don't know how much the actual tunes vary between the two.

Side note, they (H&S) picked up a well known and respected tuner to write tunes for them. He used to tune EFI-Live but is strickly H&S now. I look forward to seeing some good tuning coming soon.

* The last time I looked I believe the highest hp tune for the street tuner was 120hp (ish) so it looks like their newest member is at work and doing a good job. :rockit:
I hope they are able to do something with the race tunes as well.

OP
OP
N

nathanfoubert14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the h&s is nice but out of my price range at this time what do you guiys think of the bully dog i like there electronic gauge set-up and is in my price range

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
the h&s is nice but out of my price range at this time what do you guiys think of the bully dog i like there electronic gauge set-up and is in my price range

What are your realistic plans and goals? Bullydog sure if you want to keep your DPF, EGR and crappy stock fuel mileage.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
If his info is correct and he has an 07 5.9 then the emmisions stuff isn't a problem
I havent really followed up if there had been any changes for the 06-07 5.9 tubing but I did see their announcement about their newest employee

I have a triple dog gt that your talking about that's been sitting in the box since October. I bought it because I liked the mini maxx's options on our 09 so much I got one and can't even get it to install
I could send it back to bullydog but I'm sure it'll cost $100 to have it fixed and I just don't feel like messing with it so I have a friend buying it for his 06 once I head home from school

I haven't really heard many good things about bullydog now that I've looked into them even more trying to get this tuner to work, I probably won't buy another bullydog product (although they do have good customer service)

I would try to find a used xrt or a smarty if you can afford it, only other route I would go for a cheaper tuner is diablo
Actually I might have a predator for sale in 2-3 weeks

Last edited:

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
If his info is correct and he has an 07 5.9 then the emmisions stuff isn't a problem
I havent really followed up if there had been any changes for the 06-07 5.9 tubing but I did see their announcement about their newest employee

I have a triple dog gt that your talking about that's been sitting in the box since October. I bought it because I liked the mini maxx's options on our 09 so much I got one and can't even get it to install
I could send it back to bullydog but I'm sure it'll cost $100 to have it fixed and I just don't feel like messing with it so I have a friend buying it for his 06 once I head home from school

I haven't really heard many good things about bullydog now that I've looked into them even more trying to get this tuner to work, I probably won't buy another bullydog product (although they do have good customer service)

I would try to find a used xrt or a smarty if you can afford it, only other route I would go for a cheaper tuner is diablo
Actually I might have a predator for sale in 2-3 weeks

You are correct, I totally skipped over the fact that he has a 5.9.
I know BD was good or decent on the early common rails, but the later (6.7's) they don't have a good rep (or offer much).

If the Mini Maxx is out of your budget look into the XRT or Smarty like Stangshcky12 mentioned.