Need More Power!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chet Cassidy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have a 2020 1500 Classic Warlock with the 5.7, what the best way I can get some speed in this guy. Could also use a suggestion as to a garage or mechanic I can work with. I know a little about engines but I'm no expert. I'm in the NW Suburbs of Illinois, fyi.

MontanaHandyman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2020 1500 Classic Warlock with the 5.7, what the best way I can get some speed in this guy. Could also use a suggestion as to a garage or mechanic I can work with. I know a little about engines but I'm no expert. I'm in the NW Suburbs of Illinois, fyi.
I know others will come up with specific mods, but fwiw, I bought a simple Banks tuner for about $250, and playing around with some of the various tunes, I can get it to really zip...much more than I want or need.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What gears do you have? If you have 3.21s a swap to 3.92s Will help on the bottom end. As far as a tuner is concerned you will also need an unlock PCM so plan on spending $800 minimum and really you would need a custom tune which is probably another couple hundred bucks to really feel any performance out of it. If you’re not too concerned about your warranty I would just go with a supercharger and get it over with. Of course your warranty could also be voided with a tuner also.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My assumption was that since he's asking what he can do to add more power he's not concerned with warranty. Since anything you do that will add serious power will void your power train warranty.

OP
OP
C

Chet Cassidy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks much for the ideas guys. After these and some other research I've done it's looking like I may just ride out the existing warranty then go play. In the mean time I'll do some cosmetic stuff to beautify the potential beast. Thanks again

brian42

Military
Reaction score
If you're looking for a compromise you might want to check into taking out the lag in the gas pedal and/or adjusting the response curve. Lots of throttle position sensor modules (Pedal Commander, Vitesse, Banks, etc.) to look at.

Some have been happy and some have taken them out but there's a market for them so someone is buying them. Plenty of info on the forums to do some research.

People claim it "wakes up" the truck but in reality all it does is adjust the time between pushing the pedal (and how far) and your smile.

They don't set any flags or monitors in the truck's software so you won't void your warranty (provided you take it out any time you take it in for service so the techs don't see it).

Just my .02