Need opinion: damage from windshield replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lifted2wd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Had my windshield replaced last Monday. The company that did it scratched and took a good chip out of the paint directly above the window. They came back and of course said it wasnt them, immediately blamed the previous company. It was not like that before, what are my options? I know my truck and the imperfections that are there.

Either leave it, fight them, or pay out of pocket. I am still wanting to trade the truck in so this just ****** me off

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Had my windshield replaced last Monday. The company that did it scratched and took a good chip out of the paint directly above the window. They came back and of course said it wasnt them, immediately blamed the previous company. It was not like that before, what are my options? I know my truck and the imperfections that are there.

Either leave it, fight them, or pay out of pocket. I am still wanting to trade the truck in so this just ****** me off
This is going to be a he said/she said type if situation. You could talk with your ins agent and see if they would go to bat for you. Depending in how bad it is, you could just go the touch-up route and make look good enough for the trade in.
I have been down this road before and unless they did a prior damage walk around, then it is tough to prove.
Good luck.

2016 1500 Outdoorsman 4X4 5.7L

OP
OP
Lifted2wd

Lifted2wd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
This is going to be a he said/she said type if situation. You could talk with your ins agent and see if they would go to bat for you. Depending in how bad it is, you could just go the touch-up route and make look good enough for the trade in.
I have been down this road before and unless they did a prior damage walk around, then it is tough to prove.
Good luck.

2016 1500 Outdoorsman 4X4 5.7L

Ya they didnt do a prior. I figured it's a he said she said. I dont want to go through ins. Might just try touch up. I know it's a ding when trading in, damage vs. fix