Need some visual motivation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Apiazza

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a 4th gen tradesman express with the black appearance package that I had done bilstein 5100's and a small rear spacer to keep pretty level. Paired it up with 17x9x-12 wheels and 35x12.5 ridge grapplers. loved the truck and the look. I traded it in July '20 for a 4runner that I enjoyed but missed having a truck. I just traded that in for silly amount of money and picked up a patriot blue '19 bighorn 4x4.

I'm trying to decide on route to go for this truck. I'm normally not a chrome fan, but it looks good on this truck with the blue and it's simply too much to get rid of (grill, bumpers, door handles, wheels). I'm also thinking of going slightly milder with this truck because I'll be loading my dirt bike in the bed fairly often and too much height is just more effort (we will see, my mind might change as load more and it gets easier).

Would love to see some photos and basic specs of your milder (hell throw in the wild) builds. Bonus points for those with chrome bumpers because I'm really struggling with wheel ideas with the chrome and blue that isn't all chrome.

Kevin Falerios

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2019 Bighorn (sport package, hence all the color matched body parts) 2.5" motofab leveling kit in front, with new UCA's. Air bag system in the rear. Stock 18" wheels with 35" Nitto Ridge grapplers (running a 1/4" spacer as well.) I swapped out all emblems for black ones (minus "RAM" on the doors. I have them, just haven't swapped them out yet. Currently they are painted black). I have a 9drive throttle controller on it to help get rid of throttle lag as well. USA flags are magnents.

Attachments

• IMG_5117.jpeg
    IMG_5117.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 35

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I had a 4th gen tradesman express with the black appearance package that I had done bilstein 5100's and a small rear spacer to keep pretty level. Paired it up with 17x9x-12 wheels and 35x12.5 ridge grapplers. loved the truck and the look. I traded it in July '20 for a 4runner that I enjoyed but missed having a truck. I just traded that in for silly amount of money and picked up a patriot blue '19 bighorn 4x4.

I'm trying to decide on route to go for this truck. I'm normally not a chrome fan, but it looks good on this truck with the blue and it's simply too much to get rid of (grill, bumpers, door handles, wheels). I'm also thinking of going slightly milder with this truck because I'll be loading my dirt bike in the bed fairly often and too much height is just more effort (we will see, my mind might change as load more and it gets easier).

Would love to see some photos and basic specs of your milder (hell throw in the wild) builds. Bonus points for those with chrome bumpers because I'm really struggling with wheel ideas with the chrome and blue that isn't all chrome.
Pictures work both ways. Post your truck it will inspire more to post their pictures

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
4B1741A0-5B05-4B64-80A6-80D4C30AB02E.jpegHere is your spec. Tastefully done

Attachments

• 5792DA15-A3CD-4A79-9222-E415685CA10D.jpeg
    5792DA15-A3CD-4A79-9222-E415685CA10D.jpeg
    172.1 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
Apiazza

Apiazza

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice @Quick_Shifter and @Kevin Falerios.

I think I have a general direction. I picked up a set of ORP rear springs for free which will give me 1" lift in the rear. Going to do 2" struts in the front. Brand is still in the air. I have message out to Nick to get pricing and options. I'm trying to avoid taking the struts to a shop to be built so thinking of maybe the Rancho quick-lift struts. Going to shoot for between 33 and 34" tires on the factory wheels.

Making some progress.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Nice @Quick_Shifter and @Kevin Falerios.

I think I have a general direction. I picked up a set of ORP rear springs for free which will give me 1" lift in the rear. Going to do 2" struts in the front. Brand is still in the air. I have message out to Nick to get pricing and options. I'm trying to avoid taking the struts to a shop to be built so thinking of maybe the Rancho quick-lift struts. Going to shoot for between 33 and 34" tires on the factory wheels.

Making some progress.
@Nick@GotExhaust can set you up with Fox 2.0 Coil Overs 985-02-136 any thank me later. They are plug and play without degrading your ride like the quick struts

OP
OP
Apiazza

Apiazza

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Nick@GotExhaust can set you up with Fox 2.0 Coil Overs 985-02-136 any thank me later. They are plug and play without degrading your ride like the quick struts
The Fox 2.0 would be a nice option...more than twice the price, so I'll have think hard on that for my use and all in price.

If it comes down to it, I can do eibach pro truck stuts/springs or bils and just eat the cost to have someone assemble them. I liked the Bils in my 4th gen. The strut compressors are just super sketchy on the big truck springs.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last edited:

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
The Fox 2.0 would be a nice option...more than twice the price, so I'll have think hard on that for my use and all in price.

If it comes down to it, I can do eibach pro truck stuts/springs or bils and just eat the cost to have someone assemble them. I liked the Bils in my 4th gen. The strut compressors are just super sketchy on the big truck springs.
Yes those spring compressors are made for cars. I promise the Fox are money we’ll spent. And Nick will hook it up

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
1A6F0AAF-C19F-411F-B964-D287CE63F541.jpegThis has been our go to package for 5th gens looking to improve the ride and level the front out. The extra money spent will just be a memory. I’ll tell ya what you don’t have to get me a Christmas present this year ;)

OP
OP
Apiazza

Apiazza

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
View attachment 478657This has been our go to package for 5th gens looking to improve the ride and level the front out. The extra money spent will just be a memory. I’ll tell ya what you don’t have to get me a Christmas present this year ;)
Sounds good, but you have to explain to my wife why she gets a couple less too :eek:

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Sounds good, but you have to explain to my wife why she gets a couple less too :eek:
That is my specialty I’d be happy to explain and she’d be happy with you for being so thoughtful. Wanting to keep the ride comfortable for her when she’s in your truck ;)

OP
OP
Apiazza

Apiazza

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is my specialty I’d be happy to explain and she’d be happy with you for being so thoughtful. Wanting to keep the ride comfortable for her when she’s in your truck ;)
Deal!

Well may not be as much an issue. Sounds like supply chain issues + black Friday has pretty much everyone clean out of inventory of nearly everything but spacer lifts! The wait begins...

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
@Apiazza once I tell your wife that you went through @Nick@GotExhaust and used your forum member discount to take advantage of the sale prices you will have so many bonus points with her you’ll think your still dating her.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Deal!

Well may not be as much an issue. Sounds like supply chain issues + black Friday has pretty much everyone clean out of inventory of nearly everything but spacer lifts! The wait begins...
Ahhh I’ve thought the same thing and then Nick presses the wizard button on his computer and makes miracles happen. I happen to know some insider information where 2 Icon 211000 are in stock right now. Couple more dollars and another 1/2" of lift

OP
OP
Apiazza

Apiazza

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ahhh I’ve thought the same thing and then Nick presses the wizard button on his computer and makes miracles happen. I happen to know some insider information where 2 Icon 211000 are in stock right now. Couple more dollars and another 1/2" of lift
You're dangerous!