Need some wiring help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoparSickness77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put in two LEDs above my cup holders to give me some light when it's dark. Right now there tapped into the cigar wires but that means there only on when the ignition is and I only want them on when it's dark.

Does anyone know any close wires behind the bezel area that I can tap into for them to go on when I turn on my headlights and fog lights?

I didn't wanna buy the oem cup holder light piece since I had some LEDs laying around.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deviate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 4x2
Engine
I had a little plug behind the center dash piece that was for the OEM cup holder lights. Since it wasn't being used, I tapped into it. The LEDs only come on when the headlights are on. Did you not have that plug there?

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
^^^thats what I was thinking. If not id just probe around with a meter till you find the ones for the AC controls.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
I don't believe the 06+ have cup holder lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jsw0767

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is a orange wire in the wiring harness that goes to my radio that controls lights in stock radio. My truck is a "97 so yours my be different. Since you installed led lights I would think even with your dash lights turned almost all the way down they should work properly. I THINK? Good luck.