Need wiring help please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

franknsled

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone have the diagram for the headlight dial(pic1) for a 2011 Ram 1500 SLT? Looking for the park light wire so the stereo screen dims when the headlights (or park lights) come on.
Read a sh** load of threads and found one that said tap into yellow with violet tracer but mine has yellow with grey tracer and that didn't work. Was going to try tapping into the 28 pin plug (pic2)that runs heat/ac but couldn't get the screen to dim using the dimmer control dial. Any help would be great! I'm tired of taking the center console cover and dash cover off and on(although I'm getting very fast)!

Attachments

• pic1.JPG
    pic1.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 8
  • pic2.JPG
    pic2.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 8

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I may have commented in a different thread but I don't believe they are wired that way anymore. Instead the switches send signals to a computer that satisfies the request if all conditions are met.

Google "MOPAR Connection Repair"... That site will have the wiring diagram for everything in your truck. That will also tell you if the switch has a parking light wire or a signal wire.

OP
OP
F

franknsled

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Checked the website but it doesn't show any schematics just the wiring harnesses. So what I understand, I can't tap the park light wire(even if I find it) to use that to dim the stereo display when the lights come on?

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Checked the website but it doesn't show any schematics just the wiring harnesses
It should have a listing by wire color and its function for each wire on it too. Isn't that what you are looking for?

OP
OP
F

franknsled

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All I see is a pic of the harness or switch. No wire diagram. Ill have to look at the park lights and tap into a wire there. Stereos were much easier to install back in the day!

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
All I see is a pic of the harness or switch. No wire diagram. Ill have to look at the park lights and tap into a wire there. Stereos were much easier to install back in the day!
If you want to attempt the connection at the headlamp switch the wire you are looking for is Orange/Brown. The circuit is listed as the Panel Lamps Dimmer Signal.

If you have a voltmeter or DVOM you can verify if this actually changes the voltage when you roll the rheostat to dim the lamps.

IIRC, the dimmer signal is a bussed input and output and the module then send the signal over the bus to dim or brighten the interior lamps.

OP
OP
F

franknsled

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you!! I'll give it a try. If it doesn't work I can dim the head unit manually if it's too bright at night.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
It should look like this...

1631643254612.png

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf