New 1100+hp crate engine from DSR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Interesting. I'd like to see engines maximized for truck hauling. Then again, it wouldn't have a Hemi head for the lower rpm a truck needs. Yeah, yeah, I know - 'get a diesel'. Since diesels have turned into science fair engines, I'm not too interested anymore. Esp. the cost.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Interesting. I'd like to see engines maximized for truck hauling. Then again, it wouldn't have a Hemi head for the lower rpm a truck needs. Yeah, yeah, I know - 'get a diesel'. Since diesels have turned into science fair engines, I'm not too interested anymore. Esp. the cost.
It'd be easy enough to build a 422 or 426 torque monster engine,based around the existing truck engine,utilizing the truck heads.There's lots of kits that take a 392 out to 422 or 426,and you can spec it with lower compression,aka boost style pistons,then throw in a camshaft ground with lobes to generate bottom end torque,you'd have a pretty decent torque curve.You can even take the BGE block out to 454 cubes if you want.Rick Spillman still holds the Ram naturally aspirated record with a 454 cubed BGE block,that ran deep into the 9's.