New 2014 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Well due to this forum, the guys on it, and all the information I've received on making mods to the 1500 Dodge, I may be divorced in a month. lol

Yes I have the 2500 Diesel and love every inch of it. However I bought it to pull my 32' travel trailer, enclosed two bike motorcycle trailer, etc. I've said it is not my DD. My Rubicon is.

What started out making mods to the diesel has basically turned it into something I really didn't want. Adding a brush guard to protect the truck from lots of deer where I live and then putting a metal tool box across the bed rails, bigger tires and custom wheels is leading me away from what I really want.

With the diesel you have to carry at least 3 gallons of the UREA. When traveling I always take along spare filters, tools, etc. No way was any of this going into the back seat of the 2500. That is why I was forced to install a black tool box - bed rail to bed rail. Furthermore, trying to find the right parts to change things over on the 2500 is almost impossible. Aftermarket accessory companies just haven't got caught up with the latest changes. The 1500 is no problem for finding most everything I want.

So with that said, talked to the wife and she agreed that the Diesel is for towing/hauling and not a drive around town truck. She also agreed that with the Rubicon, I'm dumping way to much money into it.

This morning I went down to the dealership. They have one tricked out pure black 1500, custom wheels/tires, etc. Straight from the factory. Nerf bars, bed liner.

Having bought 12 different vehicles from this dealer in about 2 years, I told him I was very interested in buying this truck. Going to keep the diesel and the Rubicon but this new 1500 is going to give me a chance to do what I started to do with the 2500 - mod the heck out of it.

Right now, the dealer is crunching the numbers. He knows I'm a sucker for new trucks so he has always given me, by far, the best deals I've ever received from any dealer.

The one drawback is the color black. The first 1500 I bought was black. Detailing my own vehicles I swore I would never buy another black vehicle.

I've sat here in my den and almost every day, check the forum for different mods, different ideas, etc. And I know if I get into any problems by changing things around, I can always count on somebody on this forum to help me out.

I really believe what led to an approval from my wife is her viewing all the photographs you guys have posted with your trucks and the different mods you've done.

Well I'm headed back to the dealer and see what is going on. Will let ya know the outcome.

BTW, my logic (if there is any) on this is to keep the diesel parked in the shop and only tow/haul with it. If I get the new 1500, can also park that in my shop, work on it and "only" drive it during summer months. The Rubicon will be my DD for the winter etc.

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I loved my Diesel for daily driving when I had it, you don't need another truck. What are you doing single-handedly trying to get Chrysler out of the hole their in?

OP
OP
S

Slidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I loved my Diesel for daily driving when I had it, you don't need another truck. What are you doing single-handedly trying to get Chrysler out of the hole their in?

I take it then that by driving it daily, you didn't have any problems with it at all.

I've found, from personal experience, while using them for a DD, you soot them up way to much and mileage goes to heck.

Agree, don't really need another truck ~ just want one, that again being a 1500. Having had four of them, they are a lot easier to mod and less expensive to maintain.

Chrysler or else my dealer must be doing something right. The local dealer, every month, sells between 180 and 220 new vehicles a month and would have to say most of those are trucks.

Rockgt302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm going to go with "you are deranged" but in a good way I guess. Enjoy the trucks...

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds good to me. Post some pics up when you can. And add a few of the Rubicon while your at it.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

OP
OP
S

Slidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I'm going to go with "you are deranged" but in a good way I guess. Enjoy the trucks...

Deranged? Been called many things but that is a first!

Why not trucks?? I could be out buying all kinds of drugs, selling drugs, sitting in bars all day and night wrecking my liver and kidneys plus ye 'ol brain cells.

One should learn something new every day or that day is forever lost. Changing things over on trucks, I learn something new every day. This forum teaches me something every day.

If you think I buy a lot of trucks, I can't recall how many motorcycles I've bought and continue to buy.

If seeing something that is an eye catcher and I can afford to buy it then I guess I may be deranged but I'm sure having fun in the process.

OP
OP
S

Slidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Sounds good to me. Post some pics up when you can. And add a few of the Rubicon while your at it.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

When I first came on this forum I attempted to post some photographs. Seeing the size that is required, I have yet to master the fine art of making them smaller. If I can figure that out then you will see some.

OP
OP
S

Slidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Statcher1's photo request

Hope these come through. Rubicon, 2500 dodge, 2nd jeep.

As you can clearly see, my 2500 diesel is not turning out the way I had it all planned. That's why I am going to go with another 1500. Looks like a red neck truck.

Attachments

• IMG_0110.jpg
    IMG_0110.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0111.jpg
    IMG_0111.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0259.jpg
    IMG_0259.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0257.jpg
    IMG_0257.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Slidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
When I first came on this forum I attempted to post some photographs. Seeing the size that is required, I have yet to master the fine art of making them smaller. If I can figure that out then you will see some.

See if these come through!

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 45

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You bought 12 vehicles in 2 years?!? They should just give you the 1500....damn

OP
OP
S

Slidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
You bought 12 vehicles in 2 years?!? They should just give you the 1500....damn

Well I wasn't counting the 2013 M/Benz and later on, a 2014 Mercedes-Benz for the wife for which I traded those in for a 2013 Avalon and then a 2014 Avalon Limited and were bought from a different dealer.

Only down side to her cars is she won't let me do any mods to them. Well I did manage to put on red brake calibers on the 2014 Benz, which was all black. :shocked:

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
What do you do for a living to be able to literally own a fleet !!!! ???? Good lord you must live comfortably, and I'm sitting over here like " man I would love 2,000$ to mod my truck " lol.

Ramlvr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What do you do for a living to be able to literally own a fleet !!!! ???? Good lord you must live comfortably, and I'm sitting over here like " man I would love 2,000$ to mod my truck " lol.

Ditto to that!
You have any job positions available?
I'll move my family to where you live. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca