New 2019 Laramie owner. Tow Package contents???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We just bought a 2019 Laramie 1500 5.7 4x4 3.92. It came with the BRAKE CONTROLLER and Hitch of course. But no tow package. We tow a 5800 lb trailer wet with about 750 lbs on hitch. So should be no problem.

Was wondering what comes extra with a "tow package"? Can't find that info.

Mirrors would definitely help. The power, heated, retracted mirrors on here are a bit short I think.

Thanks.

Bill

RVGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe (at least from what I can tell in the website) the only thing you don't have from the tow package are the mirrors.
I have the tow mirrors on my work 3500 but not on my personal 1500. I tow 40ft trailers at work and I don't find the tow mirrors any more useful when flipped up as opposed to down. The blindspot mirror on them does help a lot though.
I don't know if that's just because I'm used to my normal mirrors on my truck but that's just my experience.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Jerrybob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have the tow package on my new truck....I have the controller.....the mirrors.....a class 4 hitch instead of the standard class 3.....and additional radiator cooling. My rig is Tradesman.....I have the 7 pin plug as well.....I think that comes with most trucks....not sure.

OP
OP
2019RamInSC

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe (at least from what I can tell in the website) the only thing you don't have from the tow package are the mirrors.
I have the tow mirrors on my work 3500 but not on my personal 1500. I tow 40ft trailers at work and I don't find the tow mirrors any more useful when flipped up as opposed to down. The blindspot mirror on them does help a lot though.
I don't know if that's just because I'm used to my normal mirrors on my truck but that's just my experience.

Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it.
I assumed there was more to the "tow package".

I saw these add on mirrors on Amazon. Well rated. I may try those.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QV9VX3D/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Thanks again.

OP
OP
2019RamInSC

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the tow package on my new truck....I have the controller.....the mirrors.....a class 4 hitch instead of the standard class 3.....and additional radiator cooling. My rig is Tradesman.....I have the 7 pin plug as well.....I think that comes with most trucks....not sure.

Ok, thanks.

I will have to check the hitch. I would hope they are all Class 4.
Additional cooling would be helpful.:cool:
I did get both types of plugs, 7 and four.

Thanks again.

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Your Laramie should come standard with the Class IV hitch and 7/4 trailer connector, my 19 Laramie did. It sounds like you got the brake controller that is optional by itself. There is also a Max tow pkg that includes tow mirrors and brake group, 18" wheels and tires, max towing 9.75" 3.92 rear axle and an anti sway bar. The Laramie 1500 is the highest level it is available on and it's optional where available. You would know from the sticker if you had it.

I see no reference to better cooling in any of the 1500 tow packages. This data is from the 2019 Ram 1500 dealer brochure.

You'll probably be glad you have the regular mirrors as they fold electrically and it really helps going into tight spaces like most garages.

Jerrybob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Got all the same stuff as well. I know some rigs come with only class 3 hitch.....that was standard on mine but was upgraded. As for cooling....my rig paper work says it has heavy duty engine cooling. Maybe that is the norm??? I thought it was an upgrade. I actually like my tow mirror but....you're right....got about two inches on both side when going into garage. You can pull in the driver side mirror very easily but electric would be even easier. I just go slow, watch carefully and cuss a lot.

OP
OP
2019RamInSC

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your Laramie should come standard with the Class IV hitch and 7/4 trailer connector, my 19 Laramie did. It sounds like you got the brake controller that is optional by itself. There is also a Max tow pkg that includes tow mirrors and brake group, 18" wheels and tires, max towing 9.75" 3.92 rear axle and an anti sway bar. The Laramie 1500 is the highest level it is available on and it's optional where available. You would know from the sticker if you had it.

I see no reference to better cooling in any of the 1500 tow packages. This data is from the 2019 Ram 1500 dealer brochure.

You'll probably be glad you have the regular mirrors as they fold electrically and it really helps going into tight spaces like most garages.
I
thanks for the info.
Bill

OP
OP
2019RamInSC

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got all the same stuff as well. I know some rigs come with only class 3 hitch.....that was standard on mine but was upgraded. As for cooling....my rig paper work says it has heavy duty engine cooling. Maybe that is the norm??? I thought it was an upgrade. I actually like my tow mirror but....you're right....got about two inches on both side when going into garage. You can pull in the driver side mirror very easily but electric would be even easier. I just go slow, watch carefully and cuss a lot.

Cussing is always helpful lol

I also enjoy getting a panicked weezing of air from the wife when she thinks I'm getting to close to something. And I get to thank her for hitting the passenger side brakes.

daberk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
With regard to cooling my build sheet says "Heavy Duty Engine Cooling" but there is no mention of that on the window sticker so not really sure what I have. Is there a way to tell if the cooling system is beefed up at all?

Jerrybob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Cussing is always helpful lol

I also enjoy getting a panicked weezing of air from the wife when she thinks I'm getting to close to something. And I get to thank her for hitting the passenger side brakes.
I think I married your wife's sister....must be generic. LOL!

Jerrybob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
With regard to cooling my build sheet says "Heavy Duty Engine Cooling" but there is no mention of that on the window sticker so not really sure what I have. Is there a way to tell if the cooling system is beefed up at all?
Good question.....maybe they all have it???

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi

I also keep my tow mirrors down as they add nothing to the line of site. Its also less wind resistance.

LarryA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so I have a 2019 that came with the tow package - which was the trailer brake and bigger mirrors per the sticker. Looking at the details on the owner site I see "heavy duty cooling" but I can't tell if that is part of the tow package or standard on all Laramie models...

Jerrybob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
We would all like to know....my rig is a Tradesman.....as mentioned....it has heavy duty cooling as well.

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
All Hemi trucks come standard with the heavy duty engine and transmission cooling.

If you have a Hemi you have it.

A tradesman and big horn will come standard with a class 3 hitch, which is the bumper.

Rebel, Laramie, Longhorn and limited come standard with class 4 which is the hitch.

The towing package adds the trailer brake controller, mirrors, and hitch on tradesman and bighorn.

On the others it only adds mirror and brake controller.

If you have surround view you will lose it with the tow mirrors.

If you have the higher trims, just add the brake controller.

Hope this all makes sense.

The max tow package on the 1500 includes the Dana super 60 axle. Only available 2wd.

OP
OP
2019RamInSC

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All Hemi trucks come standard with the heavy duty engine and transmission cooling.

If you have a Hemi you have it.

A tradesman and big horn will come standard with a class 3 hitch, which is the bumper.

Rebel, Laramie, Longhorn and limited come standard with class 4 which is the hitch.

The towing package adds the trailer brake controller, mirrors, and hitch on tradesman and bighorn.

On the others it only adds mirror and brake controller.

If you have surround view you will lose it with the tow mirrors.

If you have the higher trims, just add the brake controller.

Hope this all makes sense.

The max tow package on the 1500 includes the Dana super 60 axle. Only available 2wd.

Thanks, that's a pretty definite answer.

Appreciate it.

Have fun.
Bill