New 2023 Ram 2500 rebel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowerPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Screenshot_20220929-142011_YouTube.jpg
TLDR: Ram 2500 with an appearance package (from the 1500 trucks) and a rear electric locker. The base price starts in the $60,000 range so no base models. What do you think?

Personally I have been hoping for this announcement and I am disappointed. This is 98% and appearance package and 2% a locker. No front locker, or sway bar disconnect but a winch is optional on gas only. This is barely different than a regular 2500 with the off road package and the limited slip. It looks like a fake power wagon and it taints the special look the power wagons have!

For those overlanding or doing crazy offroad, you would be better off with a power wagon and Carli R2 springs or airbags for the extra weight. I know that last sentence is not the popular opinion but that's beside the point.

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I like it as much as the 1500 Rebel...overpriced in my opinion.
When I heard of the original Rebel I wanted a 1500 Power Wagon...but -as you pointed out , the Rebel package isn't even close.
Still the fact that you can get one with a Cummins will probably make the coal rollers happy.
I think if you're going to opt for the 6.4L just get the PW..

aaronedmonton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Can’t wait to get a DPF error 150 miles into the back country.

Jk I can’t afford the diesel anyway.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I like it. bias though, as I have 1500 Rebel.
Better than power wagon, 2500 that can actually tow something, with some off-roading.
PW sucks at off-roading, cause so heavy, can't tow anything...

Three Rivers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like it. bias though, as I have 1500 Rebel.
Better than power wagon, 2500 that can actually tow something, with some off-roading.
PW sucks at off-roading, cause so heavy, can't tow anything...
The Power Wagon is unstoppable off-road. Armed with a full suite of mechanical aids-locking front and rear differentials, electronic anti-roll bar disconnect, and, for when all else fails, a 12,000 pound Warn winch. Then, just for fun, let's throw in the 410 hp 6.4 liter HEMI! The Power Wagon was built entirely around the idea of hauling a 3/4 ton load across some of the most remote, rugged regions of the world.
But I guess if all I had was a Rebel, I'd be saying it sucks too, lol!

Last edited:

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
^^^My thoughts too.
If the PW is too heavy for off-roading the 2500 Rebel will be too...
Plus every 4x4 and off-roading magazine raves about the PW's capabilities and most of those guys run them harder off road than I'm ever likely to.
And I can tow anything a non PW can ( diesels not withstanding).
Everyone knows tow ratings are more like suggestions ( like speed limits)

I should point out too that I don't dislike the 1500 Rebel I just expected more considering the premium they fetch.
The 2500 Rebel seems like more of the same, but will probably check all the boxes for most people...

Last edited:

DrTron

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Everyone knows tow ratings are more like suggestions
Not exactly. It's more about tongue weight. More tongue weight means a more stable trailer, but with the soft PW suspension you get more sag than on a regular 2500 and thus less suspension margin. And you don't want the suspension to bottom out. But yes, the trailer weight itself is only important in relation to the vehicle's weight, which is not an issue with the PW.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
Slap a diesel in this biotch and I'm all in...In blue, of course.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Slap a diesel in this biotch and I'm all in...In blue, of course.

Unfortunately you can't get the winch in the diesel. Kind of a let down to me, the Tremor is looking a little better in this category of truck.

Given the premium price for the Rebel badging it's not something I'm really interested in (and no winch option in the diesel) but I am sure it will appeal to folks that want a off road "look" without jumping up to a PW. The rear locker is nice though, wish they would just make in an option on all trims.

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Frankly the winch is the one thing I can do without anyway.
I've never used it and really, really hope I never need to...

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Not exactly. It's more about tongue weight. More tongue weight means a more stable trailer, but with the soft PW suspension you get more sag than on a regular 2500 and thus less suspension margin. And you don't want the suspension to bottom out. But yes, the trailer weight itself is only important in relation to the vehicle's weight, which is not an issue with the PW.
True, but if tongue weight is an issue a good set of helper springs is easy enough to add.
I have yet to tow or haul enough to make it squat overmuch as it is...
If I were towing a 5th wheel or goose neck I'd probably go with some airbags.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Frankly the winch is the one thing I can do without anyway.
I've never used it and really, really hope I never need to...
I used the winch maybe twice on my Rubicon. which is why I haven't added one to my rebel.
I'm off-roading 2-3 times a week, year around. not big deal.

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll keep my '20 Rebel 1500, but I like this one. Sure wish someone would make a grill guard for it with a winch mount, though.

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, in the bumper area of the grill guard.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'll keep my '20 Rebel 1500, but I like this one. Sure wish someone would make a grill guard for it with a winch mount, though.

Warn does. Check this part number: 103638 It's around $2k for bump.
ViceDesign has one for 5th Gen Rebel. Was thinking about adding it mine. Just for the look. Don't really need it.

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Doesn't say it fits the Rebel and it's PRICEY! I will check the other one out for sure, thanks.