new-b, just picked up a ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chapnutz1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
just picked up an 04 ram SLT hemi 4x4, w/90k miles and its surprisingly clean for a new england truck

IMAG0272.jpg
IMAG0273.jpg

i hate chrome so i love that the bumpers and grill are color matched, wheels will be getting powder coated as well as the steps(wife wont let me take them off, dam it, but my daughter uses them to get in so its ok)
unsure if i want to do a torsion crank or use keys, and i want to lift the rear a little as well, was thinking about adding add-a-leaf springs to the rear to add a little hight as well as towing capacity as i mainly purchased this to tow my race car
IMAG0028.jpg
making some changes and looking to break the 700whp mark this year('95 nissan 200sx se-r, 2.2liter neo VVL turbo)

Last edited:

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Cheapest and easiest way, I had the same needs, do the crank bc u will need money for shock either way and factory keys are proven to do the crank and get the Firestone ride rite air bags, easy install and around 250 for it. Let me know if you need any help, I've ran this set up for over a year with no issues and haul and tow heavy loads some what frequent.

Oh and:welcome:

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Welcome man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome to RF Nice truck.

I used to have that same car and holy hell i could not imagine 700hp in that thing

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome! I had a '97 SE-R as well. Fun car with the 140HP stock...

OP
OP
C

chapnutz1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
welcome to RF Nice truck.

I used to have that same car and holy hell i could not imagine 700hp in that thing

Welcome! I had a '97 SE-R as well. Fun car with the 140HP stock...

lol, its feasible, moderately light car with a big ass whistler and a very capable engine/trans set up.

i am a nissan fanatic at heart and wanted a Titan in the worst way but my insurance was going to increase an insane amount, and i have always liked these, i traded in my 05 ser specV Stune package for the truck
IMAG0156.jpg
018.jpg

car is SUPER CLEAN and RARE as hell...factory brembos, every nismo suspension part available factory installed, nismo intake, short shifter factory installed, nismo/rays engineering royal bronze wheels factory option, nismo front/rear lips and wing factory installed...i installed the following

ksport 36 way adj coilovers
crown SS brake line
crown SS clutch line
EBC yellow 6000 R race pads
EBC slotted/dimpled rotors
willwood synthetic brake fluid
ES motor mount inserts
ES front control arm bushings
2JR front anti lift kit
2JR offset rear trailing arm bushings
2JR leaded brass solid shifter bushings
2jr bumpsteer kit
TDMi/hard race QT link
strup header
greddy evo catback

this car was a blast to drive around limerock in CT, and was fast as hell through the turns

also have this car, my NA all motor build for a street car
f2c05c41.jpg

(pic is from when it was turbo)

my old classic 91 se-r
m_0d8e511920813cf3adc0cb6dae10d120.jpg
11.6@122 9lbs boost/stock bore 2.0L VE rod/pistons/cams

wifes car is an '06 nissan altima 3.5se, mild/simple mods

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
Welcome!

Sweet rides, I have never been much for the Japanese cars, but I can REALLY appreciate the work and potential when done right, the power you can get out of the tiny 4 bangers is crazy.

Nice truck too! You are definitely on the right track. I had a torsion key and an add-a-leaf in my old 05 Hemi and loved it. It looked awesome, and performed just as good too, no regrets at all.

Here's a pic to give you an idea
IMG_1381.jpg

rambob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
welcome. clean truck indeed. looks good.

I have grown to like the nissan brand as well

Stroked

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice! I've never owned an import, but I can think of several I would love to have.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Cool Nissans! I've always been a fan. If I ever buy a commuter car, it'll be a Nissan Altima.

OP
OP
C

chapnutz1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
made some changes today, was a little bored and it was real nice out so while my daughter played outside i took advantage

blacked out the chrome on the grill...chrome stays home, wheels are next
IMAG0301.jpg

first light coat
IMAG0302.jpg

my little helper
IMAG0304.jpg

all done with bug shield installed
IMAG0306.jpg

and removed these ugly things
IMAG0305.jpg

also did the door and tailgate badging, didn't take any pics though...i used the plasti-dip product to do this

and last night i started my 4" downpipe/exhaust on my race car
IMAG0298.jpg

IMAG0299.jpg

IMAG0300.jpg

its a tight ass fit, it was easy after the first few bends though, sent it right out the pass side of the front bumper

Last edited: