New cat back for $300?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Did a quick search for reviews and it looks like it's spotty. One guy had packing coming out his tips 3 MO after install.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Say's 3" inlet . Should be 3.5". Most likely better values elsewhere.

OP
OP
Meister

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
The 3.5 inch is pretty hard to find . Not sure where better values are for a dual set up. Just seems odd, I am having a flowmaster 50 with resonator delete put in, but just threw this out there as a bolt on kit.

The other brand trucks use 3inch exhaust for hd trucks, seems to be the most common size to include 1 ton

Keep in mind the hemi needs some back pressure to keep its torque up, unless you want to lose performance.

So for $325 you buy a reducer from the cat and have a dual exhaust, so theoretically its 6inches of flow for the 6.4

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
The 3.5 inch is pretty hard to find . Not sure where better values are for a dual set up. Just seems odd, I am having a flowmaster 50 with resonator delete put in, but just threw this out there as a bolt on kit.

The other brand trucks use 3inch exhaust for hd trucks, seems to be the most common size to include 1 ton

Keep in mind the hemi needs some back pressure to keep its torque up, unless you want to lose performance.

So for $325 you buy a reducer from the cat and have a dual exhaust, so theoretically its 6inches of flow for the 6.4

A three inch dual exhaust would be equivalent to a single 4.25” exhaust. You don’t double the diameter, you double the flow area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Meister

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Regardless its bigger then the 3.5inch that was my point.