New center support failure after 50 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S_F_C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 mag
Hello everyone,

New to the forum. Truck is a 1994 2500, 5.9 mag. My new driveshaft center support (Precision) failed after only 50 miles of driving. The u joints are only about 2 years old, which is only about 2,000 miles of driving since it's a farm truck, mainly used to tow horses, pick up hay and gravel, and sees very little use otherwise. I didn't have the driveshaft balanced, but there were no vibrations before complete failure of the first center support bearing. Vibrations started about 20 miles before failure of the second center support and there is now some play in the u-joint near the center support. Am I installing the center support backwards? Do I need a new driveshaft or need to balance? Or was it a faulty part? I don't understand how a bushing could possibly fail this quickly.

Edit: forgot to mention that when I looked at the new center support, it looks like the bearing popped out of the bushing.

Thanks for your help,

Scott