New door speakers hiss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BucFan1224

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
I installed a pair of Pioneer TS-G690's in the front doors and Kicker CS-43CSC6934's in the back. Also I used the metra harness to plug them into the factory wires so I didn't have to do any cutting or splicing. If it matters I do have the alpine system.

I can hear a loud hiss when using a aux cord when there isnt really any bass. When on the raido wouldn't notice it cause of the static from the station. I never really heard it when I had the stock speakers but now it is very noticable. Only time I don't notice is when it turned all the way up and the music and bass over power the hissing. I know the very basics of audio stuff, mostly just know how to connect wires.

Also the front speakers with the alpine system aren't programed for highs? I think I remember reading it somewhere that it only does mid or something...

Last edited:

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I'd try a different aux cord first. Cheap or old aux cords are notorious for making noise. I would also recommend putting the 6x9's in your front doors versus the rear...If I read your post correctly, you have Pionner 5 1/4 2-ways in the front doors?..... you will not like that small of a speaker in your front doors...your alpine system is tuned to deliver most midbass from your front doors and a 5 1/4" speaker is technically a midrange driver and will be very uncomfortable reproducing midbass frequencies. Your overall sound will be thinner with such a small front door speaker....you'll loose a lot of girth to the music....just a suggestion

OP
OP
BucFan1224

BucFan1224

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
I'd try a different aux cord first. Cheap or old aux cords are notorious for making noise. I would also recommend putting the 6x9's in your front doors versus the rear...If I read your post correctly, you have Pionner 5 1/4 2-ways in the front doors?..... you will not like that small of a speaker in your front doors...your alpine system is tuned to deliver most midbass from your front doors and a 5 1/4" speaker is technically a midrange driver and will be very uncomfortable reproducing midbass frequencies. Your overall sound will be thinner with such a small front door speaker....you'll loose a lot of girth to the music....just a suggestion

That was my bad I have Pioneer TS-G690's and the Aux is a couple of years old at this point.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Instead of an Aux input, does your system have direct USB inputs? That might be a good way to see if the issue is the Aux input or something deeper.