New Edge Pulsar Tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vitae_Essence

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L 8 Speed
Well I have a pedal commandrr ALONG with pulsar. I found If I keep tranny in 8 by steering wheel switchs my surge is not there. As far as pulsar adjusting throttle sensitivity it may be true (mines real sensitive due to pc), but it seems to me my timing is adjusted. Pulls harder for longer, at cruise it has more response kicking to wot, really quicker. It is to ne noted that i ran pc for 4-5 months b4 pulsar so I was completely used to the pc throttle response and must say that although I dont know exactly what the parameters are for the pulsar it DEFINITELY boosted my output above and beyond the pc.

That's awesome! This right here is what I was wondering as far as the surging goes. Was curious if setting it to 8 manually gets rid of it. Glad to hear it does. I do this all the time as it is. Now as soon as the wife gets a new laptop I can get the Pulsar =)

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
In all honesty, I prefer the Echo over a burst or full auto trigger due to the controlability. Double taps land an inch or so apart at 25yds & can easily be strung together for a cyclical rate of approximately 650 rounds per minute, damn close to FA on an M4 & $500 is much easier on the wallet than 20k+. Would rather spend the cheese on more thermal & cans. [emoji38]

I would buy one if not for the possibility of being banned when lumped in with Bump stocks. If that doesn't happen most likely the cost will come down and I'll grab one. A friend of mine sold his M16 last year for $16k and I think he could have gotten much more. I don't think I could afford to feed a full auto 5.56 so the Echo trigger would be a good option. I have stocked up on what seems like a lot of 9mm but it will go quick once I get my stamps back. At least I don't have my own land, that would definitely drain some ammo cans.

Running 89 octane this week and leaving it in setting 6. Only got 13.8mpg on last 93 tank, hah. Was fun though.

HDHNTER

US AIR FORCE VETERAN OEF - OIF
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I would buy one if not for the possibility of being banned when lumped in with Bump stocks. If that doesn't happen most likely the cost will come down and I'll grab one. A friend of mine sold his M16 last year for $16k and I think he could have gotten much more. I don't think I could afford to feed a full auto 5.56 so the Echo trigger would be a good option. I have stocked up on what seems like a lot of 9mm but it will go quick once I get my stamps back. At least I don't have my own land, that would definitely drain some ammo cans.

Running 89 octane this week and leaving it in setting 6. Only got 13.8mpg on last 93 tank, hah. Was fun though.

My mpg had been steadily increasing which pleased the hell out of me.... & then I had to go & install the Flowmaster Outlaw cat-back system. Love the sound... a bit too much, can't keep my foot out of it. Down to mid-13's on my last tank (87).

Yeah, I hear you on the potential, if not likelihood, of binary triggers going the way of bump-stocks. If it plays out like that.... well I lost my **** in a tragic boating accident.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
My mpg had been steadily increasing which pleased the hell out of me.... & then I had to go & install the Flowmaster Outlaw cat-back system. Love the sound... a bit too much, can't keep my foot out of it. Down to mid-13's on my last tank (87).

Yeah, I hear you on the potential, if not likelihood, of binary triggers going the way of bump-stocks. If it plays out like that.... well I lost my **** in a tragic boating accident.

13.8, 14.8... What's the difference? Definitely not worth being light footed and missing out on all the smiles. I like the stock exhaust thankfully and have a heavily modded Dakota for loud noises. I'm replacing the clutch currently though so haven't driven it in a while.

Hah. I can tell you are on the AR forum.

HDHNTER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
13.8, 14.8... What's the difference? Definitely not worth being light footed and missing out on all the smiles. I like the stock exhaust thankfully and have a heavily modded Dakota for loud noises. I'm replacing the clutch currently though so haven't driven it in a while.

Hah. I can tell you are on the AR forum.

If mine had come w/ factory duals I wouldn't have bothered w/ changing out the exhaust but that single pipe config was awfully quiet. Agreed on the mileage difference vs. joy factor & yeah, one of the early ARFCOM members, been there for a lot of years.

Somewhat of a side-note, for ***** & giggles I switched the Pulsar level to 1 w/ MDS on to see how the exhaust would be impacted... the drone when MDS kicked in was ridiculous, nothing I would be willing to tolerate. MDS off though & I'm all smiles.

Vitae_Essence

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L 8 Speed
If mine had come w/ factory duals I wouldn't have bothered w/ changing out the exhaust but that single pipe config was awfully quiet. Agreed on the mileage difference vs. joy factor & yeah, one of the early ARFCOM members, been there for a lot of years.

Somewhat of a side-note, for ***** & giggles I switched the Pulsar level to 1 w/ MDS on to see how the exhaust would be impacted... the drone when MDS kicked in was ridiculous, nothing I would be willing to tolerate. MDS off though & I'm all smiles.

I agree with that. I've got the single out and had to put a Magnaflow on it to bring that 5.7 to the surface.

Stevefwb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I just installed the Edge in my 2017 5.7L and drove around town checking out the different levels and As I only use my truck for daily driving around town and towing my toyhauler I can tell you that this unit has made my truck a better performer over stock. I like 5 & 6 for towing and around town the best as I really have not much need for level 7 & 8 even though it did perform very well and I only use 87 & 89. For the money this was the best mod for my application.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L

Cool, I found you. ;) 2004, nice. I didn't find the forum until 2008. That and Obama's election definitely effected my savings account! My Sons will be happy when I pass things down to them though. They are in the trust as well but I didn't add the MG's due to the 41F crap. I will sell them when they go to college anyway, investments.

The drone on the older trucks was bad even stock. Ah, the duals are definitely better looking and with the factory bumper cutouts are a pretty sweet setup. On my first Dakota I had 2 exits in front of the rear tire until a friend destroyed my truck over a curb. The Dakota I bought after that I just had the shop weld on some turn downs so nothing is visible. I have my own welder now but I'm not that great at running beads.

DSCF0001.jpg

HDHNTER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Cool, I found you. ;) 2004, nice. I didn't find the forum until 2008. That and Obama's election definitely effected my savings account! My Sons will be happy when I pass things down to them though. They are in the trust as well but I didn't add the MG's due to the 41F crap. I will sell them when they go to college anyway, investments.

The drone on the older trucks was bad even stock. Ah, the duals are definitely better looking and with the factory bumper cutouts are a pretty sweet setup. On my first Dakota I had 2 exits in front of the rear tire until a friend destroyed my truck over a curb. The Dakota I bought after that I just had the shop weld on some turn downs so nothing is visible. I have my own welder now but I'm not that great at running beads.

DSCF0001.jpg

Sharp looking ride. 13 sec range or faster? Regarding drone on the older Rams... I never noticed it on my 09 (factory duals), agreed.... I was a fan of the bumper w/ cutouts. That said, I am glad I have the normal bumper on my 17, prefer the side exit look w/ the lift.

Last edited:

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Sharp looking ride. 13 sec range or faster? Regarding drone on the older Rams... I never noticed it on my 09 (factory duals), agreed.... I was a fan of the bumper w/ cutouts. That said, I am glad I have the normal bumper on my 17, prefer the side exit look w/ the lift.

It only runs mid-13's now, after clutch goes back in of course. I have a Turbonetics 72-1 waiting to go on that will really get it moving though. Trying to do a semi-rear mount with the turbo attached after the Y-pipe around where the factory muffler was, in front of the axle. It has enough torque now and with a manual and 4:10 gears that there shouldn't be any lag. The exhaust will just be dumped but if too loud I will try to find a 3" muffler for it.

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Vararam better than K&N?

Not to get too off topic from the thread but from the countless threads I’ve read I’ve gathered: veraram and s&b (enclosed filter box better for snowy areas) are the top CAIs if you do one. There was even on thread that a guy and his friend had each and swapped and other than s&b install being harder neither could tell much difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vitae_Essence

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L 8 Speed
Not to get too off topic from the thread but from the countless threads I’ve read I’ve gathered: veraram and s&b (enclosed filter box better for snowy areas) are the top CAIs if you do one. There was even on thread that a guy and his friend had each and swapped and other than s&b install being harder neither could tell much difference.

You saying that it wouldn't really be worth it to switch out the K&N for the Vararam?

Mcdevo76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It only runs mid-13's now, after clutch goes back in of course. I have a Turbonetics 72-1 waiting to go on that will really get it moving though. Trying to do a semi-rear mount with the turbo attached after the Y-pipe around where the factory muffler was, in front of the axle. It has enough torque now and with a manual and 4:10 gears that there shouldn't be any lag. The exhaust will just be dumped but if too loud I will try to find a 3" muffler for it.

Grady? Good to see you still have a Dakota. I think the last time I ran into you was at one of the meets at Jim’s house back in early 2000’s

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You saying that it wouldn't really be worth it to switch out the K&N for the Vararam?

If you already have a k&n and it works I’m not sure switching it out makes sense over getting the Pulsar as you would trade out CAIs rather than “tune” with larger HP gains, and ability to change on the fly to your needs. People debate (plenty of threads on it) if changing out to aftermarket CAI is even worth it.

The point of my post was the census (from my reading and seeing if I want to get a CAI and of so which one) seems to be s&b and veraram where top performance CAIs. That being said plenty of people like K&N, aFE, etc.

The power from the pulsar will be much more noticeable than a CAI from this threads information.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Grady? Good to see you still have a Dakota. I think the last time I ran into you was at one of the meets at Jim’s house back in early 2000’s

Yeah, it's been a while. I don't recognize your username. Blake or Jimbo?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500