New Edge Pulsar Tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ya, that same eco light is what i was talking about. the only way i know to get rid of from dash is more throttle or adjust trans manually to 8. I just went thru radio visual settings a bit ago and only thing i found was fuel saver. Not sure what that is but it's shut off..lol

Yeah that is strange. My green eco light is gone. Never comes on anymore since I turned that option off. Ill double check again when I get to my truck after work.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can remove it from being displayed in the settings menu, check that

Redsquirrel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Giving up on the Pulsar, throttle surge is just to damn annoying to drive around with....

HDHNTER

US AIR FORCE VETERAN OEF - OIF
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Giving up on the Pulsar, throttle surge is just to damn annoying to drive around with....

Sucks to hear Edge couldn't get it sorted out for you. Did both units exhibit surging right away? I'm coming up on 1k since installing the Pulsar, working perfectly.... hoping it continues to do so.

Redsquirrel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sucks to hear Edge couldn't get it sorted out for you. Did both units exhibit surging right away? I'm coming up on 1k since installing the Pulsar, working perfectly.... hoping it continues to do so.

Both started not long after it went in, first one I spent the first few tanks of fuel messing around, so I didnt notice. Edge was good to deal with, sounds like a handful of 2018s have had this problem, my truck is a late March 2017 build, thats pretty close to the 2018 build start... so who know if my truck has what was changed for then model year.

Redsquirrel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My truck was built at the end of March 2017, so its officially a 17, but pretty darn close to the 18 production run. Ive seen GM, Ford, and AMC that have a mixture of parts when nearing model year changes

Vitae_Essence

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L 8 Speed
I'd like to keep hearing from people about this. There is real limited reviews about this and I'm itching to get one but wouldn't like the surging problem people are speaking of. Is it just a '17-'18 problem?

Also, I'm assuming running 93 octane on the 5-8 would be fine?

HDHNTER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Ran across a very informative Edge Pulsar review on YouTube w/ before & after dyno results. Surprisingly, on a stock vehicle, it really is producing close to 30/30 at the rear on level 8. FWIW, I'm up to 1500 or so miles w/ the Pulsar on my 2017, no surging, no issues whatsoever. That said, I have a Pedal Commander coming in from Got Exhaust tomorrow. With gas prices climbing, I would like the option of adjustable throttle response w/ the Pulsar on level 2 so I can run lower octane fuel & still have a fun driving experience. Tried level 2 last week which lasted all of a few minutes.... way too boring to go back to just for the sake of cheaper fill-ups.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We had someone state in our thread that the Pedal Commander and the Pulsar they were averaging 1.5 mpg more!

HDHNTER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Saw that post as well, hoping I see the same..... the biggest want for me is level 6 - 8 type throttle response w/out the higher octane requirement. Still get the benefit of MDS perm off so I don't regret the Pulsar purchase. Additionally, there will be times where I may want 30/30 more at the rear, options for more power on demand is never a bad thing. That said, I am looking forward to the pedal tuning capability of the PC. Pricey duo for sure, but I can see how the two products would complement one another well.

Vitae_Essence

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L 8 Speed
Ran across a very informative Edge Pulsar review on YouTube w/ before & after dyno results. Surprisingly, on a stock vehicle, it really is producing close to 30/30 at the rear on level 8. FWIW, I'm up to 1500 or so miles w/ the Pulsar on my 2017, no surging, no issues whatsoever. That said, I have a Pedal Commander coming in from Got Exhaust tomorrow. With gas prices climbing, I would like the option of adjustable throttle response w/ the Pulsar on level 2 so I can run lower octane fuel & still have a fun driving experience. Tried level 2 last week which lasted all of a few minutes.... way too boring to go back to just for the sake of cheaper fill-ups.

Haven't even looked at the pedal commander but have read on this thread a bunch of people make mention of it. Does it increase hoursepower and torque?

I'll do some looking on Google but do you have a good link for a review of the PC?

HDHNTER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
No increase in HP/TQ but it allows for extensive throttle response adjustment. There is no shortage of rave reviews on YouTube, lot of folks running & loving the Pedal Commander, many pairing it w/ a tune, both canned & custom.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Haven't even looked at the pedal commander but have read on this thread a bunch of people make mention of it. Does it increase hoursepower and torque?

I'll do some looking on Google but do you have a good link for a review of the PC?

Absolutely NO hp gain but seriously cuts down on throttle lag from computer. In my opinion its one of the better 200 bucks you can spend on your truck if you enjoy it when you romp on it!!
I've had mine for 6-8 months now and cant believe the difference it makes in everyday driving, for the better.
Just my humble opinion

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

markusaf81

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Curious as to why the Pulsar is for 15 and up, wonder if they will come out with one for the earlier years. I'm aware in 15 they changed the PCM but still....2014 isn't too old to make products for

Vitae_Essence

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L 8 Speed
Absolutely NO hp gain but seriously cuts down on throttle lag from computer. In my opinion its one of the better 200 bucks you can spend on your truck if you enjoy it when you romp on it!!
I've had mine for 6-8 months now and cant believe the difference it makes in everyday driving, for the better.
Just my humble opinion

I think I'll have to get one. Been doing a little reading and watching some videos and people still love it after months of use. Thank you for your reply. It's helped talk me into it haha =p

Factory

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Curious as to why the Pulsar is for 15 and up, wonder if they will come out with one for the earlier years. I'm aware in 15 they changed the PCM but still....2014 isn't too old to make products for
Because 14 and older do not need pcm unlocking ,all about money spent and a roi