New from IA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eric91Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
New member from Iowa here. Found the site while researching potential future purchase of Ram 1500. I have always been a GM guy currently have two GM's in the family, but looking to trade my daily driver Impala for a truck.

Big fan of the Chevy Silverado 4x4 LTZ Z71. New ones are dead quiet on highway and with the 6.2L run quite well, but even with Supplier Discount, they still aren't cheap and Ram dealer seem to be knocking a lot off MSRP to begin with. I have some features I want that I think a Ram could provide:

- heated/cooled seats
- heated steering wheel
- NAV, etc...

But the Ram seems to have additional features that would be nice that Chevy doesn't offer:

- Ram box
- in-floor storage
- air ride
- locking Ram box and tailgate when doors are locked/unlocked

I have yet to drive one and local dealer only has Limiteds with Air Ride. Thinking for price I am looking for a Laramie with Convenience Package, front buckets/leather, air ride, and trailer brake controller is route I want to go. Would be with Hemi and 3.92 gears and "anti-spin" rear diff...

Any input or thoughts or other ideas I should consider or look for is greatly appreciated.

I will see, I am a big fan of GM's OnStar App and use it quite a bit from the phone. Both vehicles currently accessible in the App. Can start/stop, lock/unlock, check tire pressures, fuel level, oil life. And for the wife, she can find where she left the car at! Does Ram/Mopar offer something like that for the trucks?

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
I will see, I am a big fan of GM's OnStar App and use it quite a bit from the phone. Both vehicles currently accessible in the App. Can start/stop, lock/unlock, check tire pressures, fuel level, oil life. And for the wife, she can find where she left the car at! Does Ram/Mopar offer something like that for the trucks?

Welcome! :welcome:

Not sure exactly how much overlap there is, but uConnect offers a lot of stuff that sounds like that.

OP
OP
E

Eric91Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Have to say, kind of like saying Mopar again. This could grow on me. Last "Mopar" I had was an '86 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z. Really liked that car. Would have kept longer if it hadn't blown a head gasket and when on lift checking it over found the frame rusted!

So cross shopping the 1500, Charger, 300, and kind of the Challenger. Hope to get some test drives in tomorrow, if we don't get too much snow too early in the day...

Sent from space on my com link.