New front upper control arms from Freedom offroad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014greatwhite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you if the ball joints are bolt in or press in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn. I’m curious about these when they release more info and pictures. I’m running zone UCA so I probably won’t switch but that’s awesome. I’m still torn between core tier 3 and the Clayton off-road Overland set with giiro joints on both ends for the rear

azcoyote

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The thing that got me is that bundled with the Eibach Pro lift, there would now be a pretty economical 3.5 inch lift option.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The thing that got me is that bundled with the Eibach Pro lift, there would now be a pretty economical 3.5 inch lift option.
At 3.5” you lose a lot of down travel which is detrimental to ride quality. I’m at 2.5” of lift from my eibach kit with 1/2” strut spacer on top. I still have about 2.5-3” of down travel. Generally you want over 2” of down travel for a better ride. Or so I hear. Running the zone upper control arms definitely help with the suspension travel through the whole range so these should be great too. My only gripe of the stock and zone arms are the metal pin is embedded into the rubber so it’s one piece and under extreme off-roading can really put a lot of stress on those components.

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
At 3.5” you lose a lot of down travel which is detrimental to ride quality. I’m at 2.5” of lift from my eibach kit with 1/2” strut spacer on top. I still have about 2.5-3” of down travel. Generally you want over 2” of down travel for a better ride. Or so I hear. Running the zone upper control arms definitely help with the suspension travel through the whole range so these should be great too. My only gripe of the stock and zone arms are the metal pin is embedded into the rubber so it’s one piece and under extreme off-roading can really put a lot of stress on those components.
That and would the CV angles be okay?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That and would the CV angles be okay?
Well being my front measured 3” over stock on my truck. here is a picture of my cv angles. No binding. I have not gotten the chance to flex it out to much. Going next weekend to a place called lazy springs to really play around with my truck. It really depends because sone trucks appear to be more sensitive than others. You may be fine at 3.5” with the cv angles. My only concern would really be ride quality. New upper control arms would be a must. I know when I installed my upper control arms it really made my suspension feel happier.

9B9CD8D0-CEF7-4B26-AC5C-90D67A73913F.jpeg

azcoyote

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well being my front measured 3” over stock on my truck. here is a picture of my cv angles. No binding. I have not gotten the chance to flex it out to much. Going next weekend to a place called lazy springs to really play around with my truck. It really depends because sone trucks appear to be more sensitive than others. You may be fine at 3.5” with the cv angles. My only concern would really be ride quality. New upper control arms would be a must. I know when I installed my upper control arms it really made my suspension feel happier.

View attachment 205906

Are you running Eibach on Bilsteins or the Eibach Pro?

regal81455

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anybody have these yet or will I be the guinea pig here? I'll have these and the eibach springs early next week to go along with the 5100s I have sitting on the shelf. Just installed the 1.5" Zone BL last weekend. Was thinking I'd put the spring on the 2nd notch - thoughts???

Brandam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you put these on yet? I have the bils set to 2.8 but my stock upper control arms are on there way out and looking for a new set that won’t be eaten threw.

regal81455

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes I have. They are well made and fit great. Highly recommended.

AzCats

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 CC Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you mean the little ball mount sticking out the side as seen in this pic?

View attachment 232789
Correct the ball mount. I know the photo sometimes doesn’t reflect the product. I wanted to double check before I spend $360 for UCA. The plan is air ride upgrade with 2 inch spacers and leveling links.