Cost to replace upper control arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
While nobody wants to drop a grand to make repairs, it doesn't sound out of line considering the labor involved & parts costs. There's a cost to DIY too ...tools/time/opportunity cost!

I'm DIY on most things, but I see the +/- both ways. Happy truckin' :waytogo:
You aren't kidding about time. I'm surrounded by do-it-yourselfers and it seems lately they've all run into not getting the correct part, or not getting the part at all! Ended up getting it repaired at a local shop.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 87418 miles.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If your not lifted dont waste your money on aftermarket UCA.

Heck im Lifted and run TTX UCA and off-road them all the time and to my surprise they've lasted 3 years now.

palmr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The good ones yes. Correct the angles of the balljoints and mine are JBA Offroad, so a slight caster adjustment too. Rides smooth.
Sweet. I just picked up some 5th gen struts and rear shocks and uva’s for 75$. Basically new. If they dont fit, nit a big loss and ill get actual parts for my 4th gen. Ill check out the good aftermarket uca’s id these dont fit.

palmr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If your not lifted dont waste your money on aftermarket UCA.

Heck im Lifted and run TTX UCA and off-road them all the time and to my surprise they've lasted 3 years now.
i was just looking at options. Mine are shot yet. I was just debating changing them out for maintenance beings ill have it tore apart anyway.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No one mentioned the liability of installing a customer supplied part. No one mentioned who pays for labor again if the customer part fails, or doesn't perform properly from the get go.

The insinuation that marking up parts is somehow "greedy" or dishonest is portrayed by those who have never owned a business and having to foot ALL the overhead bills!

I do not install customers' parts, period. If I am going to honor warranty, I'll source and install parts for them. Otherwise, they are more than welcome to go elsewhere! That way, my customer is out labor only once.

Last edited:

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sherman ...well said.