2009 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 5.7l 4x4 Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ctwalton15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I feel like I'm in a sort of dilemma. My 09 seems to be getting a rougher ride*. Wandering on the highway. Yesterday getting blown across the entire highway the hour and a half trip I had.

This isn't the first time but it seems like its been wandering quite a bit and front end just seems roughly a bit. Now I will mention that I don't have money. Now that's out of the way, I'm thinking about going through the front end. Probably looking at replacing the lower and upper control arm bushings with the shock bushing. Probably upper and lower ball joints. I'd really like to get into new shocks at some point but they are quite a pretty penny right now. I think part of it has to do with the tires as well. They are pretty f***** on the front end, 1 of them was on the rear and was wearing down faster then the rest rotated them to try and prolong them as much as possible. I need at least a new pair on the front, one of them is a drag slick, one of them has slightly more tread. Tires are coming shortly....

I do want to look into rebuilding or going through the front end. and replacing what bushings I can and was also entertaining ideas of inner tie rods I've read in other places. I'm just trying to do what I can with the little money I've got to do so, I'm willing to pay an extra few bucks for nicer components just cant fork over 1k on a set of struts yet...

Any recommendations? Anything that should definitely be replaced, I know I've replaced upper ball joints 2 years ago and I think I've had 1 inner tie rod replaced when I did an alignment a bit ago. That's all I can remember....