New Guy From Lancaster County PA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChronOfMaintMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Howdy Everyone,

Another “New Guy” here. Just purchased a 2014 Ram 1500 Express with the 5.7, 8 speed, 4x4, short bed. This is my first gasser truck so I’m hoping to learn from you folks. I’ve had Ram Cummins trucks since my first new one in 1998.5 with the 24 valve Cummins and 47RE, then traded for a 2005 Cummins 5.9 with the 48RE, traded it for an 08 Cummins 6.7 with the 68RFE, and then for a 2014 dually with the 6.7 and Aisin. Finally traded both the dually and the toy hauler for a class A Winnebago motor home in 2017.

So far I’m enjoying the 1500, it does have 94K miles on it but is in pretty good shape and runs and looks good. The Ram/Jeep dealer was going to put it on the lot but I managed to get it directly from the detailer’s shop. The dealer replaced the rear rotors, turned the fronts, replaced the pads, did an alignment, oil change, and the usual checks. I’ve so far replaced the axle lube front & rear and the transfer case fluid. Spark plugs are next.

I’m a retired industrial maintenance tech. I specialized in instrumentation controls, motion control, industrial electricity, and power distribution. Also a level II vibration analyst, and infrared analyst. A great deal of my time was spent turning wrenches, changing out motors, gearboxes, and rebuilding whatever needed it though. It was a good experience all in all.

I do have a few questions about the truck, but will post them later on.

Thanks Much,
B. T.

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the forum, post some pics of the new to you Ram.

Phillyrube

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome... Got any hookups in the Amish community for Alladin lamp mantles?

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Howdy Everyone,

Another “New Guy” here. Just purchased a 2014 Ram 1500 Express with the 5.7, 8 speed, 4x4, short bed. This is my first gasser truck so I’m hoping to learn from you folks. I’ve had Ram Cummins trucks since my first new one in 1998.5 with the 24 valve Cummins and 47RE, then traded for a 2005 Cummins 5.9 with the 48RE, traded it for an 08 Cummins 6.7 with the 68RFE, and then for a 2014 dually with the 6.7 and Aisin. Finally traded both the dually and the toy hauler for a class A Winnebago motor home in 2017.

So far I’m enjoying the 1500, it does have 94K miles on it but is in pretty good shape and runs and looks good. The Ram/Jeep dealer was going to put it on the lot but I managed to get it directly from the detailer’s shop. The dealer replaced the rear rotors, turned the fronts, replaced the pads, did an alignment, oil change, and the usual checks. I’ve so far replaced the axle lube front & rear and the transfer case fluid. Spark plugs are next.

I’m a retired industrial maintenance tech. I specialized in instrumentation controls, motion control, industrial electricity, and power distribution. Also a level II vibration analyst, and infrared analyst. A great deal of my time was spent turning wrenches, changing out motors, gearboxes, and rebuilding whatever needed it though. It was a good experience all in all.

I do have a few questions about the truck, but will post them later on.

Thanks Much,
B. T.
Welcome. Local I’m in Delaware County