New guy here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PTL294

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m going to look at a 22 1500 Night on Saturday. Already shopping for the lift. I’ve read a couple of the threads and have already gotten some good info. I’m thinking 2-2.5 inch in the front with the 1.5” Icon springs in the rear. And run 275/65-20’s. The question for the 5th gen icon states their front coils only lift the front 1.5 inches. Is that the same for any of the front lift struts regardless? I was also looking at the Fox 2.0’s and as a low cost option the RC’s. We do a lot of camping and pretty soon towing a 16’ camper. Light off road use, in New England. I look forward to you guys helping me spend my hard earned money. (Divorced cop salary)

Happy New Year

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I’m going to look at a 22 1500 Night on Saturday. Already shopping for the lift. I’ve read a couple of the threads and have already gotten some good info. I’m thinking 2-2.5 inch in the front with the 1.5” Icon springs in the rear. And run 275/65-20’s. The question for the 5th gen icon states their front coils only lift the front 1.5 inches. Is that the same for any of the front lift struts regardless? I was also looking at the Fox 2.0’s and as a low cost option the RC’s. We do a lot of camping and pretty soon towing a 16’ camper. Light off road use, in New England. I look forward to you guys helping me spend my hard earned money. (Divorced cop salary)

Happy New Year
Welcome!!
What youll need to ask is if the truck has the orp (off road package) from there we can dial you in with a sweet set up. Do yourself a favor and take rough country off your list. We have forum vendors on here that give forum members discounts so we'll set you up with that as well to take the guess work out of what works and what doesnt.

Icon did not re design for the 5th gens as far as I know so they normally run about an inch low. But good for you to do your homework and diving in head first before even buying the truck :favorites13:

OP
OP
P

PTL294

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome!!
What youll need to ask is if the truck has the orp (off road package) from there we can dial you in with a sweet set up. Do yourself a favor and take rough country off your list. We have forum vendors on here that give forum members discounts so we'll set you up with that as well to take the guess work out of what works and what doesnt.

Icon did not re design for the 5th gens as far as I know so they normally run about an inch low. But good for you to do your homework and diving in head first before even buying the truck :favorites13:
Thank you! This particular one does not have the orp, it’s got a few things that don’t interest me, but with the shortage of inventory I wonder if it’s worth waiting. I live in Mass and there aren’t many qc’s floating around with that package. I was leaning towards the Fox shocks… I tend to over research then suffer from information overload. It’s a problem
Cheers

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Thank you! This particular one does not have the orp, it’s got a few things that don’t interest me, but with the shortage of inventory I wonder if it’s worth waiting. I live in Mass and there aren’t many qc’s floating around with that package. I was leaning towards the Fox shocks… I tend to over research then suffer from information overload. It’s a problem
Cheers
I dont the same thing brother. I get it.

@Nick@GotExhaust is the go to for this set up
Fox 2.0 coilovers 985-02-136
Icon dual rate rear coil springs 212150
Fox 2.0 rear shocks 985-24-231 or icon 216533 (Inventory is pretty tight)

Depending on the stance you're looking for a 33" tire 275/60 is a very clean or as you would say wicked clean look.

Last edited:

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
986E741C-195D-493E-9C8F-164C67D4F932.jpegHere are 2 examples the black truck is fox 2.0 coilover on a 35x12.5 (stuffed aggressive look) the white is a 2” with 33”tires clean more of a gap in the wheel wells

OP
OP
P

PTL294

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I dont the same thing brother. I get it.

@Nick@GotExhaust is the go to for this set up
Fox 2.0 coilovers 985-02-136
Icon dual rate rear coil springs 212150
Fox 2.0 rear shocks 985-24-231 or icon 216533 (Inventory is pretty tight)

Depending on the stance you're looking for a 33" tire 275/60 is a very clean or as you would say wicked clean look.
I am leaning towards the wicked clean look. Haha 275/65’s on the stock 20’s. That Fox/Icon combo is kinda what I settled on, just have to get the horse before the cart. Then I’ll probably get a magnaflow direct fit, a tonneau cover and on and on.
I’ll probably be down in Pa a few times this spring/summer. The fiancé has a little family cottage in Ligonier and my MLB bucket list stadium tour will take me to Pitt. I think.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I am leaning towards the wicked clean look. Haha 275/65’s on the stock 20’s. That Fox/Icon combo is kinda what I settled on, just have to get the horse before the cart. Then I’ll probably get a magnaflow direct fit, a tonneau cover and on and on.
I’ll probably be down in Pa a few times this spring/summer. The fiancé has a little family cottage in Ligonier and my MLB bucket list stadium tour will take me to Pitt. I think.
Awesome half my family lives in the Boston Suburbs. If you're swinging through I'll tell you were to get cheesesteaks and pretzels LOL.

UnionFitter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you looked at custom building a truck with a dealer for order? I did that for my 21 Classic and saved around 7k from the same truck on the lot. I started with the tradesman and added packages to build what I wanted so there’s nothing I didn’t want. I got it for $500 over wholesale plus an extra 2500 off for a promotion. The trucks were so high in demand at the time that the sale prices were 5k over window sticker on the lot.

OP
OP
P

PTL294

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Awesome half my family lives in the Boston Suburbs. If you're swinging through I'll tell you were to get cheesesteaks and pretzels LOL.
I live on the Cape but will be moving to probably the Plymouth/Carver/Kingston area. Went to Pittsburgh last year and she took me to Primanti Bros just to try it out. My fiancé lived in Jonestown and worked on Pittsburgh as a kid/20’s.

So for the Fox 2.0’s, assuming there’s no ORP what can I expect to see for a lift? 2” as advertised or does it net a little more? I’m waiting to close on my house for the money for the truck and the goodies… after the ex gets her half

OP
OP
P

PTL294

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you looked at custom building a truck with a dealer for order? I did that for my 21 Classic and saved around 7k from the same truck on the lot. I started with the tradesman and added packages to build what I wanted so there’s nothing I didn’t want. I got it for $500 over wholesale plus an extra 2500 off for a promotion. The trucks were so high in demand at the time that the sale prices were 5k over window sticker on the lot.
I thought about it, but I’ve heard of 4-6 month wait times on custom orders depending on what you order. Plus, I was told the special incentives/ interest rates only apply to dealer stock? How long did you wait for your order?

UnionFitter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve heard good things about those Fox systems. Not cheap though if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

UnionFitter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought about it, but I’ve heard of 4-6 month wait times on custom orders depending on what you order. Plus, I was told the special incentives/ interest rates only apply to dealer stock? How long did you wait for your order?
6 weeks on the dot. I don’t have any of the fancy accident prevention stuff or anything else like that so it wasn’t on hold for the chips they were waiting on. I heard there was a whole lot of trucks sitting waiting for chips at the plant but mine when straight through. Mine was also built in Michigan not Mexico so that might have something to do with it as well.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I live on the Cape but will be moving to probably the Plymouth/Carver/Kingston area. Went to Pittsburgh last year and she took me to Primanti Bros just to try it out. My fiancé lived in Jonestown and worked on Pittsburgh as a kid/20’s.

So for the Fox 2.0’s, assuming there’s no ORP what can I expect to see for a lift? 2” as advertised or does it net a little more? I’m waiting to close on my house for the money for the truck and the goodies… after the ex gets her half
Yes you will net 2” they can be turned up to get a little more if you want it. When doing the rear springs I normally do a little voodoo to make the truck sit and ride perfect

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Let us know if we can help. Nice list of mods. We offer ALL of the items you listed here! Message me for a quote when you are ready.

OP
OP
P

PTL294

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Drove the Sierra 1500 w/ the 5.3 Elevation package and the Ram is way better. Some things I wish the Ram had, but not enough to pull me away. And the Ram has the upgraded audio package which I don’t really care for, though it is nice. So I’ll be picking this up end of the week. Looking forward to all the info and help from the forums. And I’ll be ready to buy that lift soon!! 95BC5C55-5161-4587-9064-FB76B31B1751.jpeg

OP
OP
P

PTL294

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I love the color. Definitely gotta get ya a level and some truck tires.
After you get it you’re not allowed to post those 5th gen interior pictures it makes us 4th gen guys too jealous LOL
Oh yeah, the level and tires will be done immediately. I might buy the parts before I pick up the truck. Haha. I’ve never owned a vehicle with heated seats. And a heated steering wheel? A touch screen? Unheard of. 80% of my driving is in a 2018 Explorer with ripped seats and it smells like Copenhagen and coffee. This luxury stuff is all new to me!

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Oh yeah, the level and tires will be done immediately. I might buy the parts before I pick up the truck. Haha. I’ve never owned a vehicle with heated seats. And a heated steering wheel? A touch screen? Unheard of. 80% of my driving is in a 2018 Explorer with ripped seats and it smells like Copenhagen and coffee. This luxury stuff is all new to me!
LOL that’s great. You enjoy the luxuries and I’ll make sure your riding and sitting right.