New guy to Dodge trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nstuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just picked up my 2005 Ram 1500 4x4 with the 5.7L Hemi a couple days ago. I used to be a die hard Ford truck guy but I'm loving this truck so far, and it feels way more solid and powerful than any of the Ford trucks I've had before.

First order of business is to figure out a set of wheels and tires to fit the fender flares the previous owner installed. The stock size wheels and tires just look really dumb with the flares.

It looks like someone leveled the front at some point to me, as it looks higher than any of the other trucks around that I've seen at stock height.

Here's a pic.

IMG_0020_zpsjceulttz.jpg

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Yup, that looks like a level kit was put on. Check for a 1.5" - 2.0" leveling block at the top of the shocks in the front.

If that block is 2", you can put 35's on the truck easily.

OP
OP
N

nstuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. I'll check for the block in the morning. On my old Ford I was able to level the front end by cranking up the torsion bars, so I wasn't really sure what to look for on this new Dodge.

Any suggestions on wheel width/offset? I'm thinking something in the range of 9-10" wide and something between -10 and -20 offset should push the tire out more evenly with the flares.

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
welcome to the site

Tony :headbang: