New Guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRusty15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all! I'm sure basically nobody will read this, but since I am new to the forum I decided to post the obligitory intro post. I am a member of many other car forums from various other cars I've owned and/or currently own. I recently picked up a 2014 Ram 1500 as a lease because I needed a winter vehicle that could also tow a car when I needed to. I race now and again in my evo, but would like to do it more often and want something I can tow the car to and from the track when it gets to that point. I'm also working on a 240sx drift car that will most likely not even be registered for street use, so it will need to be towed. Anyway, I'll be browsing around the forums. Cheers!

WalterG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the forum.

Just so you know, I did read the post. Have fun with the drift car, always wanted to try doing that.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
Nice choice of cars. Welcome! :favorites13:

OP
OP
J

JRusty15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow, this is the first forum where people actually read these posts! Thanks for the welcome guys! I hope to actually contribute at some point instead of just reading.

2014StormTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Longhorn 4x4 2003 LY Evo VIII ER Built 2.2L
Engine
6.7 CTD / 4G63
welcome man! i also have an Evo that sits in my garage lol

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The fastest I've ever driven a car was in an Evo. Welcome! !

OP
OP
J

JRusty15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my Evo

08 Evo X
6262 DBB
Work Wheels
550AWHP on E85 and 25ish psi

Nice evo man! Mine is a 2003 (evo 8) and is pretty much stock. It's been my daily driver for the last four years and with the proper maintenance has actually been pretty reliable! I'm hoping that now I have the truck, I can take some time and rebuild the motor and suspension and give it a decent turbo. The stock turbo runs out of breath really fast! I have enough fuel for now and I basically give the turbo unlimited boost, but it spikes to like 28-29 psi and settles down to like 25.

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome aboard man. I have wanted an evo since I was in highschool. But everybody around here prices them like they are gold plated.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

2014StormTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Longhorn 4x4 2003 LY Evo VIII ER Built 2.2L
Engine
6.7 CTD / 4G63
hell ya man!! get it done!! mines motor is all stock haha high HP low TQ and she will be fine. i want to build it though and make more power. I have a buddy here who has a fully built 9 running 850awhp at 35psi on a 6466 and DAMN that thing is fasttttt

OP
OP
J

JRusty15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome aboard man. I have wanted an evo since I was in highschool. But everybody around here prices them like they are gold plated.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

Yea, it's absurd how much some of these 10 year old evo's are selling for! However, I got a good deal when I bought mine so I snatched it up. You can find evo 8's for sale just around $10k if you look hard enough. Just know you'll have to put some money into it.

hell ya man!! get it done!! mines motor is all stock haha high HP low TQ and she will be fine. i want to build it though and make more power. I have a buddy here who has a fully built 9 running 850awhp at 35psi on a 6466 and DAMN that thing is fasttttt

I wouldn't be opposed to a larger turbo setup on the stock motor, but I'm at a point where I'll have the time and resources to build it from the ground up, so I'd rather just do it all at once and do it right. This way I'm not stuck in the build / race / break / repeat rut.

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Welcome to the site.