New Limited on Order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjamesgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just placed an order for a limited after being dead set on a GMC Sierra. My neighbor was raving about the new rams so much I decided to take a look, realized how much better truck could be had for similar prices.

I went with a pretty basic limited 4x4, got the 5.7, 3.92 rear end, trailer brake controller, level 1 group, I think that’s all. No sunroof, no ram box even though I really liked it, no 22s.

I went with the 20” rims hoping people who bought the 22”s would upgrade to aftermarket and I would be able to pick some up in a year or so. Will the 22”s be easy to find down the line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

o2cmefly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just placed an order for a limited after being dead set on a GMC Sierra. My neighbor was raving about the new rams so much I decided to take a look, realized how much better truck could be had for similar prices.

I went with a pretty basic limited 4x4, got the 5.7, 3.92 rear end, trailer brake controller, level 1 group, I think that’s all. No sunroof, no ram box even though I really liked it, no 22s.

I went with the 20” rims hoping people who bought the 22”s would upgrade to aftermarket and I would be able to pick some up in a year or so. Will the 22”s be easy to find down the line?

They should be. Keep your eye out on here on the classifieds forum page. I’m waiting on the Limited I ordered on 12/19/18. Should be here any day now. I got mine pretty loaded though, same as yours, but added rambox, sunroof, 22’s, body color bumpers, and bed utility group. Unfortunately, I will not be the one to part with my 22’s though to go aftermarket. I like to keep as stock a look as possible. Mods I make can usually be described as “OEM plus”. Improved, but looks OEM.

mboymopar

MOPAR
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Sport
Engine
345 HEMI
Congratulations on your new Ram.
Welcome to the site from west Michigan

OP
OP
M

mjamesgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I order 1/29 so I will be waiting a while. Just need to research some tonneau covers (I want a roll up), I want the 22s if they can be had cheap, and my wife wants some sort of bed divided. Not sure how the divider will work with the tonneau.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Goatmastr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They should be. Keep your eye out on here on the classifieds forum page. I’m waiting on the Limited I ordered on 12/19/18. Should be here any day now. I got mine pretty loaded though, same as yours, but added rambox, sunroof, 22’s, body color bumpers, and bed utility group. Unfortunately, I will not be the one to part with my 22’s though to go aftermarket. I like to keep as stock a look as possible. Mods I make can usually be described as “OEM plus”. Improved, but looks OEM.
Do you pay retail when you order like that, or is there room to knock a few bucks off? I'm looking at building a limited, pretty loaded.

Coramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

“pretty basic limited” lol. I think the same about my ‘18 Laramie. It doesn’t have a few of the options that a lot Laramie’s have, so I described it as a “basic Laramie” on here a while back. I quickly got the “basic Laramie lol” reply from a few people, so I thought I’d take this opportunity to pay it forward! Congrats on your new truck and welcome to the family! I hope she gives you many years of great driving!! :favorites13:

o2cmefly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Do you pay retail when you order like that, or is there room to knock a few bucks off? I'm looking at building a limited, pretty loaded.

I got mine for about $1900 under invoice. It’s up to you to negotiate a price, but it can be done.

OP
OP
M

mjamesgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got mine for about $1900 under invoice. It’s up to you to negotiate a price, but it can be done.

I got a decent discount, we had to order it because the dealer didn’t have any 4x4 limiteds on the lot. I certainly didn’t go into the dealer with a plan to order one. I’m sure a dealer might tell you one thing or another, but everything is negotiable.

OP
OP
M

mjamesgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
“pretty basic limited” lol. I think the same about my ‘18 Laramie. It doesn’t have a few of the options that a lot Laramie’s have, so I described it as a “basic Laramie” on here a while back. I quickly got the “basic Laramie lol” reply from a few people, so I thought I’d take this opportunity to pay it forward! Congrats on your new truck and welcome to the family! I hope she gives you many years of great driving!! :favorites13:

It did feel weird saying basic, because it sure isn’t cheap! Just seems to me missing a few key options like you said on yours. I actually went in wanting a Laramie, but with the options I added was getting to the same price as the limited.

AirForce1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque

I will be ordering mine this fall. I hope to take advantage of some special pricing and incentives toward the end of the year. I assume that financing doesn't occur until you take final delivery, correct? Also, how much down do they require when placing the initial order?

OP
OP
M

mjamesgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will be ordering mine this fall. I hope to take advantage of some special pricing and incentives toward the end of the year. I assume that financing doesn't occur until you take final delivery, correct? Also, how much down do they require when placing the initial order?

I think it all depends. My dealer stated they wanted 1k non refundable DP to order one. Since we were close to price but could not agree on a price the dealer ordered my truck and said if I don't buy it they will set it on the lot. So, again its all negotiable.

o2cmefly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

My dealer only asked for a $500 deposit to order mine. You’ll only be eligible for whatever incentives exist upon delivery. As mine should show up this week, I’m stuck with $1250 cash or 0% for 36. If it takes longer, I’ll get whatever the incentives are for March.

tgtt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My dealer only asked for a $500 deposit to order mine. You’ll only be eligible for whatever incentives exist upon delivery. As mine should show up this week, I’m stuck with $1250 cash or 0% for 36. If it takes longer, I’ll get whatever the incentives are for March.
My dealer locked in my price at time of order with $1k down. If incentives are better when it arrives I'll still get them but my price will not go up.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

n-humble

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Mine was ordered on 2/18. Dealer required no deposit and any incentives available when the truck arrives will be applied to final price. There's been no discussion of financing or trade as of yet.

BRETT sewell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
nice choice ! never would think of a limited as a basic truck lol