New Member from NM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scybron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
da Hemi
welp, I came over to the dark side, just left ford. Sold my superduty, pocketed some good cash to fund new build. Had an order placed, but after taking into account that ford sold 350's with axles that bend, tranny issues, and long waits at service dept, I came over to Dodge.

Just picked up a new Power Wagon, Billet Silver, level 3 without safety stuff, or cameras. Came with "sliders but gonna replace with tyger tube steps, just so i dont wear a hole on my seats. Not a rock crawler, or commuter, but my hunting rig that needs to get me in as far as possible, and back out of Elk country.

37" bfg km3's on order, Ill see if I can get discount tire to mount on stock bead lock rims.

Ordered some husky floor liners.

Gonna put a camper shell, not sure Leer, ARE, or Snugtop. Any positive or negative experiences, or recommendations??

Glad to be here, wish me luck.

Udy2554

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ARE with screened windoors, contractor 550lb rack, solid gate, LEDs, and carpet! Very happy with quality!

Had a Leer on my old Tacoma, happy with that too!

The screens are a must if you’re gonna sleep in it!

FD05183D-E745-4D76-B1B6-D1360FE30491.jpegC0ABB6DF-2005-4E3D-AC32-D11BC03AE980.jpeg329638D9-D2C2-44E3-96A2-0F5E36537998.jpeg678838EB-FF95-429F-8D49-ABECA5AE0817.jpeg

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Labrador dogs quickly figured out the way to escape from being kept inside my LEER topper. A locked or unlocked single middle exterior handle made no difference. Tugging on the interior release wires opened the side latches.

Last edited:

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Welcome to RamForum.

OP
OP
S

Scybron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
da Hemi
Labrador dogs quickly figured out the way to escape from being kept inside my LEER topper. A locked or unlocked single middle exterior handle made no difference. Tugging on the interior release wires opened the side latches.
yep, I think labs are smarter than most. My last one would open door to get outside, then go back and open again to let his buddy outside.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Came with "sliders but gonna replace with tyger tube steps, just so i dont wear a hole on my seats. Not a rock crawler, or commuter, but my hunting rig that needs to get me in as far as possible, and back out of Elk country.

Good luck with getting to Elk Country.

Last edited:

jerry clements

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Power Wagon
welp, I came over to the dark side, just left ford. Sold my superduty, pocketed some good cash to fund new build. Had an order placed, but after taking into account that ford sold 350's with axles that bend, tranny issues, and long waits at service dept, I came over to Dodge.

Just picked up a new Power Wagon, Billet Silver, level 3 without safety stuff, or cameras. Came with "sliders but gonna replace with tyger tube steps, just so i dont wear a hole on my seats. Not a rock crawler, or commuter, but my hunting rig that needs to get me in as far as possible, and back out of Elk country.

37" bfg km3's on order, Ill see if I can get discount tire to mount on stock bead lock rims.

Ordered some husky floor liners.

Gonna put a camper shell, not sure Leer, ARE, or Snugtop. Any positive or negative experiences, or recommendations??

Glad to be here, wish me luck.
Welcome aboard. I'm also a former fordophile trading a gen1 raptor for a 20 PW. I couldn't be happier. 30k miles no issues. Enjoy your new truck!

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
them die hard ford guys seem determined to go down with the ship. they cant be persauded even after axles collapsing ,clunky transmissions , door panels full of water and white knuckle death wobble

OP
OP
S

Scybron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
da Hemi
them die hard ford guys seem determined to go down with the ship. they cant be persauded even after axles collapsing ,clunky transmissions , door panels full of water and white knuckle death wobble
exactly! Kinda scary, but my brother, great gear head finally talked me into one.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
you wont have none of them problems with ram. load as much weight as you want the axles wont even blink a eye. better chance of winning lottery than getting death wobble. never once have i heard of door panel full of water. 66rfe in my truck and trucks at work have been great for me. 8spd in newer ones might even be better

SkeeterBait

Reaction score
The Birthplace Town of the "Jersey Devil"
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
You won't regret switching to the best factory off-road truck available today. I'd check into the 37" BFG's on stock rims though. A 17" wheel needs about a +18 offset to prevent rubbing the radius arm.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You won't regret switching to the best factory off-road truck available today. I'd check into the 37" BFG's on stock rims though. A 17" wheel needs about a +18 offset to prevent rubbing the radius arm.
The rub on the radius arm is not an issue at all. It does absolutely nothing but put a little mark on the arm. Less of an issue than the rub on the fender from a less offset wheel IMO.

OP
OP
S

Scybron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
da Hemi
I read as many threads as I could find, the general consensus is that they work. Im more worried about discount not wanting to mount them. If they dont work then Ill find some aftermarket

boba5663

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, Those Ford guys are stubborn, but so are we ! I wouldn't own anything but a RAM even if I did have problems (which I don't)

KLROV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ECO Diesel
I ordered a leer for my Ram, my son ordered a Smartcap for his truck. So check out Smartcap, I believe their popular with the overlanders

OP
OP
S

Scybron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
da Hemi
I like the RLD but Id have to sell one of mamma's favorite boys to get one of those, I ordered a snugtop rebel. Not cheap either but...