new ram owner (old titan owner)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dallasmade19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 V8
Sup everybody. Got my 2013 black ram crew cab last week and I'm excited to be a part of the ram family. Weird how things work because I use to not like them at all. Older I got the more I started wanting american muscle and not foreign. I had a '12 titan and got a GREAT deal for it but it was eating up my wallet. I was putting gas in the thing every 4-5 days and All i do is go to work and the gym 90% of the time with it. Average was about 11 miles per gallon on a good day. also coming from Titan Talk . com I realized that the truck wasn't accurate with full to empty ratio. I would have 200 miles left in my tank and go down the block and the screen would read 188 miles left. lol smh. also the Nissan dealer i got it from ( 60 minutes away from my home) wanted me to get everything done there between inspections, oil changes, rotations, you name it or they said my warranty would be voided if i didn't. i know it was b.s. but the fact they they fed that info to me pissed me off.

Long story short, I love my ram. got it for a good price and the dealer paid off my titan without adding it to the note! I only put gas in it once since getting it and it was because i went on a trip. so far in my city, havent worried about gas at all. really guys, when you go from a titan to a ram as far as gas goes, you feel like you have a hybrid car. yep thats how bad the titans are on gas. anyone that had one for sure could back me up on that.

funny thing is, when i had that titan, seemed like everyone (even a ford) wanted to race me all the time. since i got the ram, no matter what light im at, side by side with another truck, they won't try me. :disgust:

so what mods should i do? i want HID lights but can't seem to find any. i will admit that the titan accessories were simple, a lot of plug and play and not a lot of re-wire, but i can't find things like that with the ram. help me out.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
I had a Titan. I concur about the gas mileage. I'd get 14 on a good day on the highway. As for speed. I think the Titan would have blown the doors off my 2013 Ram. It was a fast truck.

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome. Check out the vendor retroshop for HIDs I believe he has them for the 2013's but I am not totally positive on that.

07rambot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome to the forum fellow rammer.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
welcome, I also came from a titan and titantalk also, mine was a 12 pro4x and was an absolute lemon, only pro it has over the dodge is it was quicker and had more on bottom end, coming from one I would never race one lol, but I do like the dodge way more, I had an 06 before the titan wife wanted to try out the Nissan, needless to say im glad to be back in a dodge, and you are right about mileage man those titans just love the gas, hid's look at retroshop.us, coming from titantalk im sure you know legitaccessories he has setups for our canbus system too but the quality im sure doesn't compare to the morimoto's retroshop supply's, another thing you will notice coming from titantalk that's seems odd here is on tt everyone put down magnaflow and here its the most popular choice

Mopar_Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Titans are only "so fast/quick" because of their trans and gearing, which is subsequently why their mileage is horrible. My frontier had the same problem, quick and great from a dig, but it would run out on the top end and was horrendous on gas for a 6 cylinder. I get comparable mileage in my Ram! Anyway...

Congrats on the new truck, lets see some pics!

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
Welcome!!

If you are looking to convert to HID's then you need to contact 0212353 (JJ) at the retroshop.com. He answers e-mails quick and will take care of you.

Here is the link: Retro Shop Online Store

I would also recommend a catch can. If you do a search you will get all the answers you need as to what it does. I would do the catch can before anything else.

Last edited:

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Welcome switchers!!!

This is why 4.56 gears are so great! I can still eek out 18 to 19 on highway but it easily took 2 or more MPG away by regearing. I now find myself doing a lot of highway longer trips which kind of sucks for me. Once you have driven one with beefed up gears it is hard to go back though. My dad still has the 3.55's and they just are not as fun :)

OP
OP
D

dallasmade19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 V8
I had a Titan. I concur about the gas mileage. I'd get 14 on a good day on the highway. As for speed. I think the Titan would have blown the doors off my 2013 Ram. It was a fast truck.[/QUOTE

THE T WAS FAST. BUT I THINK THE RAM CAN KEEP UP. I MEAN I KNEW A FEW TITAN OWNERS AND THE RAM WAS ONE TRUCK THEY QUESTIONED ABOUT WHO'S IS FASTER. I NEVER BACKED DOWN FROM A CHEVY OR FORD IN IT THOUGH LOL

OP
OP
D

dallasmade19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 V8
@sparkyy how do i post pics? It gives me this url thing. Kinda old school to me im use to attatchment type formats

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Welcome to the forum!! I left a '04 Titan at my Dodge dealership, too. Got my first RAM in '09. On my second one now and couldn't be happier!