New Ram Owner - Soon!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Glad to have found this Forum. I ordered a 2500 with a 6.7L Cummins power plant. I’m encouraged based on what I am reading regarding how fast some customer orders are processing. Has anyone ordered a Night Edition, 12” tech inside, safety group B, package B and had significant delivery delays because of the crap computer chip issue? I hoping that my dealer has good order position (they say they do) and I went out of state but I’m able to get there easy enough in a day. I’ve avoided the BS 10-15K over MSRP. Very happy they are 1K over and that is it; even for a night edition. Cheapest over MSRP I could negotiate here in CA was 8K over - still, NOPE not going to cave to that.

I have read strings of guys where the orders have been fairly fast 2-3 months when compared to the advertised 6-8.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to my new RAM, which is a dream truck for me. I survived a near-fatal motorcycle crash in November. When I woke up in the ICU I asked my girl if I can order my dream truck now. Well, we did that after I could confirm I could drive again with my leg healing some more. Glad to get to know some of you more as I spend time in the forums.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Welcome
what State did you place your order with ?

Your Ram will be built in Saltillo Mexico
When built, it will cross the Border at Eagle Pass, Texas

You will likely get your P.O.C. ( purchase order confirmation ) within 10 days of placing your order

You should get some notices
look for Status C, D, & D1

Last edited:
OP
OP
KoboldTaco

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Hey guys - thanks for the nice welcome.

@GTyankee I placed the order in Nevada. I was aware the truck will be built in Saltillo, MX but I did not know which border crossing. Thanks for the heads up there.

Also, thanks for the notes on Order Statuses - I'm at 7 days as of today with no update yet in my e-mail. The dealer said she had a serial number which made zero sense to me. I think she was looking at some internal tracking number. I assume the order statuses and VIN issuance notifications will come to my e-mail when issued. Do you know what C, C and D1 mean?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Sometimes an order may go through several steps in a day, but right now, these are the ones that you will see in the beginning

Scheduled:
C – Tentative schedule. Your order is "subfirm". The plant can see the order at this point but it's not fully committed to building as the supplier may or may not be able to get parts to the plant to build the vehicle.
D – Firm schedule: serial number assigned. Firm order. (This is when you get your VIN assigned)
D1 – Gate line: unit sequenced for production (Get an estimated build date)

from that point, D1, it usually takes about 2 weeks before they begin the building process

OP
OP
KoboldTaco

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Sometimes an order may go through several steps in a day, but right now, these are the ones that you will see in the beginning

Scheduled:
C – Tentative schedule. Your order is "subfirm". The plant can see the order at this point but it's not fully committed to building as the supplier may or may not be able to get parts to the plant to build the vehicle.
D – Firm schedule: serial number assigned. Firm order. (This is when you get your VIN assigned)
D1 – Gate line: unit sequenced for production (Get an estimated build date)

from that point, D1, it usually takes about 2 weeks before they begin the building process
Thank you brother - I appreciate the detail and what I have to look forward to.

Deano L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L HO
Hey guys - thanks for the nice welcome.

@GTyankee I placed the order in Nevada. I was aware the truck will be built in Saltillo, MX but I did not know which border crossing. Thanks for the heads up there.

Also, thanks for the notes on Order Statuses - I'm at 7 days as of today with no update yet in my e-mail. The dealer said she had a serial number which made zero sense to me. I think she was looking at some internal tracking number. I assume the order statuses and VIN issuance notifications will come to my e-mail when issued. Do you know what C, C and D1 mean?
i ordered my 3500 Big Horn on 1/12/22 dealer said production started yesterday 3/16/22 and it takes 3 to 4 weeks for production, then there is shipping and dealer prep work to do, probably another 3 to 4 weeks after production. that would be a total of 16 weeks (4 months). i was told 12 to 16 weeks at the get go! sounds like it will be closer to 16.. Good Luck!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Before the Corona thing
1500s from Time of Ordering to Delivery was 12 weeks, for Continental USA

Heavy Duty Rams took 16 weeks

Then the whole lack of computer chips thing happened

Now the Assembly Plants are scrambling & there does not seem to be any set Time pattern

I will tell you that after the truck is built, it goes to a Vendor to have Spray on Bedliner, side steps, hitches & more attached.
That may take a Week or 10 Days, then the Assembly Plant signs off & then it goes to scheduling for shipping.
Once it goes to Transit, only the Railroad controls everything, including calling the Trucking company that takes it to the dealership

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
welcome. as a rider myself, I understand how a wreck on two wheels can be tough to heal from. glad you are going to be ok .

ShaunS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Glad you're on the mend...my brother recently survived a bad wreck as well. Blessings.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio