New Shorties - No heatshields?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sgtryanusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dropping it off at my local garage tomorrow bc the dealerships near me lack spines and wouldn't talk about warranting my exhaust manifolds.
Anyway, chose ceramic BBK shorties. I notice there are no heat shields with them. Can anyone advise; manufacturer was closed at the time I thought of it.
Thanks guys.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have JBA shorties that are silver ceramic coated with no heat Shields and so far they're fine...

MoparBrent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With shorty headers you don't have much to worry about, there isn't anything that is close enough to them to be an issue.

When you go to longtubes that's when you need to worry and wrap certain lines, etc.

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
I have shorties no heat shields bother to worry about 1c2205dc4fc5c542edd2cef1d4f35d40.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doodoo972

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also have the ceramic coated BBK shorties and you don't need heat shields neither to wrap them. But if you want to protect a little your hoses (especially on the passenger side) use Felpro's gaskets they have a "small" heat shield on the top.

OP
OP
S

sgtryanusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also have the ceramic coated BBK shorties and you don't need heat shields neither to wrap them. But if you want to protect a little your hoses (especially on the passenger side) use Felpro's gaskets they have a "small" heat shield on the top.
You like them? They do the trick?

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I run the felpro exhaust gaskets with the heat shield on them. Hey help with the heat coming up onto the valve cover which is nylon. Heat to the covers is really only a problem sitting still like traffic or idling. The issue with the felpro which are the stockers is the gaskets aren’t good for sealing anything not perfectly flat. I have them for now but might swap them out for the remflex I have sitting on the shelf. Or figuring out how to combine the 2.

Doodoo972

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, despite of some minor issues I like them. They look great and I like their sound especially at idle with my SLP loudmouth.
Imo the Felpro's gasket are really good, rather thick and I have no leaks with them. I think the headers flanges are a little flexible and they can do a good seal if thighten enough.