New tire choice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Almost time for some new shoes for my 2018 2500 MegaCab Cummins. Choosing (in no particular order) from: Toyo Open Country A/T III; Nitto Recon Grappler A/T; Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT; and Nitto Ridge Grappler. All in OEM sizes.

Leaning towards the Toyo, but the Nitto Recon Grappler looks interesting as well. I had BFG KO2's on my 1500 that I liked, but I'm looking for more on-road performance. Off-road, I generally am on gravel, sand, or mud (I live in Southern Nevada), and mostly not very far. Think 200+ miles to the area on highways, then 2-10 miles off-road generally towing a travel trailer >9k lbs.

Any thoughts?

CRS1968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’ve had KO2s and Cooper Discoverers. I now have Toyos. Frankly, they aren’t that different and all seem to be good and fairly long lasting tires. All of them start getting a little louder than I like around 30K miles but that’s just part of the deal with AT tires. I don’t think you’ll go wrong with any of the tires on your list.

Davis MacD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I thought about tires a lot and ended up buying micky thompson baja legends because of the 11/16 tread height. They are a little loud but my truck was so quiet that it gave no feedback from the road so i like a little tire hum.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the Cooper AT3's and really like them. Going on 2.5 years and they still have a lot of tread left (can't remember mileage at the moment - maybe 40k). They have been great on the road, and the little bit of driving I do at our ranch off the road, they've done well (gravel, grass/wet grass, dirt, mud).

KYPOTLICKER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had good experiences with recon and ridge grapplers. Falken is a high ranked tire on this forum, my son has had good luck with Patagonia tires on his 3rd gen 3/4 ton

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat