New to it all!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marty1500PNW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.8 l V8 HEMI
Hey everyone! New to the forum and to Ram ownership. Well, soon to be owner. Have a 2017 Tradesman Crew Cab sitting in the driveway on a weekend demo, supposed to sign a deal to purchase tomorrow. I love the rig, V8 4x4, tow package and some options. Just what I need for work and family. Is there anything about this year or trim level that should give me pause before I pull the trigger? Ridiculously low mileage under 10k..Thanks and excited to join the club!

20200509_082707.jpg

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I have that exact rig, only a 16 and ecodiesel. Aside from engine issues specific to the diesel I've got 100% no complaints about this truck. Tradesman has enough options to be all I need an nothing I don't.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the Ramily

MikeG71

U.S. ARMY '02 - '12
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega 2500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:welcome:to the Forum!

My company truck is a ‘19 Tradesman, I also had a ‘13 when I started with the company (and a F1****ty in between). The only issue I ever had with the ‘13 and a coworker experienced with the ‘18 he drives is an issue with a Rear Wheel Sensor or Wire. The truck would lose 4wd, ABS, TC, Cruise,........I think that was everything.......? Anyway 2 different Dealers couldn’t fix the ‘13. It went to the shop four different times. When it happened a fifth time I dealt with it for a couple months until the F1****ty arrived. My coworker hasn’t had another issue with the ‘18 after having it fixed. In hindsight we are driving on gravel roads for 3/4 of the day. Only other issue I’ve seen is if you have a tad too much Lead Foot on the gravel roads, the rocks being kicked up tend to knock out the sensors in the rear bumper.

Out of all the trucks in our Fleet, that was only 2 that had any issues. I’m sure it was due to driving style. The ‘19 I drive has almost 27k on the clock and I haven’t had any issues with it. So definitely no reason to not pull the trigger. Lol!

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Marty1500PNW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.8 l V8 HEMI
Well it's all official, papers signed Tuesday and its already making me money! I'm stoked to start w the mods lol. Dealer wrote weathertech floor mats, nerf bars with hoop steps, tint for front windows, leveling kit and fixing a small dent in the tailgate into the deal for the original price, I'm a really happy Ram owner!

20200512_094904.jpg