New to me 2014 EcoD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DamRammit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
First post, first time EcoDiesel owner here. I went from a 4 banger lifted TJ held together by rust and bubblegum to a ‘14 Ram EcoDiesel with 140k on the clock. I got it for a good deal, but it does have a few issues. The CV axles could use replacing and the coolant gauge was dipping to 135* a few times during a 4 hour drive to Northern Michigan yesterday. I work for FCA so I get a nice discount on parts. Does anyone know what the deal is with the coolant temp sensor? What are some of the things I should be looking for with 140k on the odometer? This is the newest vehicle I’ve ever owned, my first truck and my first diesel. Any advice and/or tips would be appreciated.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Definitely something with the temperature sensor, I've heard of other gauges glitching and it was usually the sensor.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to RamForum.

My tip on the coolant issue is to replace sensor. As far as other tips make sure you service that diesel based on the maintenance schedule in your manual. Also, change out your fuel filters.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Welcome to the forum. Get the VIN run to see what recalls have been completed/not completed. Keep an eye on the coolant level. Low levels indicate a cracked EGR. There is a recall so if the truck hasn't had the EGR recall completed, get that scheduled ASAP. You might also consider a tune (search this site for more info). Congrats on the new truck. I love mine.

adam ant

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0-liter V6 EcoDiesel
Hello, DamRammit...i own a 2014 eco diesel and had a Safety Recall VB1- DIESEL EGR COOLER...
Waiting for the dealer to order part should take a few days.
Sounds like what JohnnyMac posted
Hope this helps