New truck prices are insane

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I had planned to buy a 2024 or 2025 Ram Bighorn or SLT 1500
Well things have changed, there are no EcoDiesels being built, which to me is a disappointment.
So i figured that if my current 2016 Ram 1500 ecodiesel's Body was in good shape, i would just buy a new Ecodiesel Engine, that is still an option.
Then i decided to see what other options were available.
Then i had to see if i could get some kind of warranty coverage & i found that my 2016 Ram ecodiesel qualified for a 5 year/60,000 mile Mopar Used Vehicle Extended Warranty, because the Ram has less than 60,000 miles on it, due to my medical issues, i was not driving much.
I had a complete Vehicle Inspection done & passed that qualification

So i think that i am good for 5 more years with my 2016 Ram ecodiesel 1500 Quad Cab
That was another thing about getting a new truck, it can not be longer than a Quad Cab !!

Last edited:

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If a hypothetical family's budget is that tight, financing anything at all should be the last thing they are considering. Banks will give you more than enough rope to hang yourself with and don't care when you hit that sudden drop. They got theirs.
And that is where Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac got themselves in a knot.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
also they were both forced to make loans to folks that normally would not qualify..in the name of equity. as an architect, everyone I deal with saw that fiasco right when it started but what the heck, it's the taxpayer on the hook so no big deal. if we get 4 more years of the current administration, we will probably see millions of folks getting bailed out by taxpayers for maxing out their credit cards too. IMHO

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
also they were both forced to make loans to folks that normally would not qualify..in the name of equity. as an architect, everyone I deal with saw that fiasco right when it started but what the heck, it's the taxpayer on the hook so no big deal. if we get 4 more years of the current administration, we will probably see millions of folks getting bailed out by taxpayers for maxing out their credit cards too. IMHO

Vs if we don't keep the current administration, you will see workers incomes go back to shrinking until they are back to minimum wage. Can't even buy junk vehicles making minimum wage.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was at dealership the other week getting warranty work done. THEY had a beautiful, 2024 TRX 1500 RAM inside. Hydro Blue, every option, 121K, boy was that a hard pass. Absolutely beautiful truck. Gonna have to open a GOFUNDME to get that truck, lol.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I was at dealership the other week getting warranty work done. THEY had a beautiful, 2024 TRX 1500 RAM inside. Hydro Blue, every option, 121K, boy was that a hard pass. Absolutely beautiful truck. Gonna have to open a GOFUNDME to get that truck, lol.

These idiots must think we're all stupid or 1%'rs.

Which is why I predict a market bubble crash.

Also, can't cut income and spend more forever. *pop* Can you hear it?

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

Your lucky. Here Last Call TRX's are around $160k-$180k range (Canadian money of course)

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Re
Your lucky. Here Last Call TRX's are around $160k-$180k range (Canadian money of course)
Regardless, unless somebody buys for me or gives me $$$ like a GOFUND ME, my Lowly Bighorn be in the driveway, LOL.

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Was at an rv show this past weekend and couldn't believe you can get a 20 year loan for a camper. I wonder when they'll start cranking up the auto loans also. If they haven't already.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
delete

Last edited:

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
Was at an rv show this past weekend and couldn't believe you can get a 20 year loan for a camper. I wonder when they'll start cranking up the auto loans also. If they haven't already.
yas I'm 76 and when I bought a 5th wheel last year they offered 15 year loan..wife looked at like "wow they have more confidence in us that we do". my son who has a degree in finance said take it and our payments will be low the rest of the time we have it..

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yas I'm 76 and when I bought a 5th wheel last year they offered 15 year loan..wife looked at like "wow they have more confidence in us that we do". my son who has a degree in finance said take it and our payments will be low the rest of the time we have it..
Payments will be low, but once paid off in 15 years, you will have paid double for that thing by paying interest forever!!!

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
I always finance vehicles, every time. I also pay them off in 90 days or less. I like having the lender in my corner if there are problems getting my tags or registration. Since all dealerships think they are experts at 50 state registration and most can't pickup the phone and call to find out what actually needs to happen, 1 call to the lender, and WoW suddenly someone is all over addressing my issues and problems solved.

Arrogance by dealerships finance departments prevent me from paying cash, as they will just not give me my paperwork and let me walk.

And paying off the loan in 90 days or less usually cancels their upside on the interest rate from the bank.

My rational, it may not work for everyone.

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like your wife's sense of humor lol.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I always finance vehicles, every time. I also pay them off in 90 days or less. I like having the lender in my corner if there are problems getting my tags or registration. Since all dealerships think they are experts at 50 state registration and most can't pickup the phone and call to find out what actually needs to happen, 1 call to the lender, and WoW suddenly someone is all over addressing my issues and problems solved.

Arrogance by dealerships finance departments prevent me from paying cash, as they will just not give me my paperwork and let me walk.

And paying off the loan in 90 days or less usually cancels their upside on the interest rate from the bank.

I've done that with trucks and boats. Put 50% down, pay on it for a few months, then pay it off. The paying on it thing helps with the credit rating, and I hate making payments on anything for any longer than necessary.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4

Last truck I bought, I wrote a floated check with their knowledge (I had the money, just needed to move it to the correct account), zero issues. I'm not paying a couple months of interest on the off chance my lender is smarter than my dealer, then dealing with the DMV to get the lienholder off the title. I get not all dealers are like that, but I don't have to deal with stupid dealers. Too many good ones to choose from, including those who do routinely sell out of state.

3TV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I own a 2022 TRX 1500 Ram, Hydro Blue, pretty much every option like the one you saw at the dealership. MSRP for mine was $85K, which is what I paid. I thought that was ridiculously high at the time, but just two short years later you are saying prices have increased by almost $40K? How much of that $121K was "additional dealer profit"?

So yah, if prices have gone up almost $40K in two years, new truck prices are definitely insane.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357