New truck prices are insane

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I own a 2022 TRX 1500 Ram, Hydro Blue, pretty much every option like the one you saw at the dealership. MSRP for mine was $85K, which is what I paid. I thought that was ridiculously high at the time, but just two short years later you are saying prices have increased by almost $40K? How much of that $121K was "additional dealer profit"?

So yah, if prices have gone up almost $40K in two years, new truck prices are definitely insane.

It's Last Call TRX that are costly. Almost like Chargers.

KalboKalbs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
21 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was at an rv show this past weekend and couldn't believe you can get a 20 year loan for a camper. I wonder when they'll start cranking up the auto loans also. If they haven't already.
Week or so ago. Read, prolly here Ram Forum. Ten year loans are being offered for cars, trucks, SUVs.

Can't imagine signing for one of those loans.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought MY 19 5th Gen on 1 Aug 2018. I traded up from my 2015 ED which was paid off. After all the p/w and wateva and discounts, rebates I put $12,600 on my CC and walked out owning the truck. Got home transferred money and paid the CC off and wala all good. I was lucky able to do that only because I had some saved Life Insurance money from when betta half died. I will not sign a big note and pay on anything. Being over 60 and widowed means heck no no long large payments lol.

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
LOL
I pre qualified for a loan to buy my 2016 Ram, it was just in case ..

When the Ram came, i got the Chrysler/Fiat Family Discount, because i belonged to TreadLightly, i paid 1% above Dealership Cost
I paid for the truck with a Cashiers Check

Then i took out a loan of $10,000 from my Credit Union.
That money paid for Sport Bumpers, a full paint color change, adding switches & wiring, plus lights & signs to be outfitted for my business.
Then i changed my Business Address.
I have never seen my Pink Slip, although i get all of my Registration Papers every year.
So i know that the Pink Slip is at the DMV some where, i checked every where else.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
LOL
I pre qualified for a loan to buy my 2016 Ram, it was just in case ..

When the Ram came, i got the Chrysler/Fiat Family Discount, because i belonged to TreadLightly, i paid 1% above Dealership Cost
I paid for the truck with a Cashiers Check

Then i took out a loan of $10,000 from my Credit Union.
That money paid for Sport Bumpers, a full paint color change, adding switches & wiring, plus lights & signs to be outfitted for my business.
Then i changed my Business Address.
I have never seen my Pink Slip, although i get all of my Registration Papers every year.
So i know that the Pink Slip is at the DMV some where, i checked every where else.
I know in AR you don't get a pink slip/title for a boat or trailer of any type so the only thing you carry to prove it is yours is the registration - and you have to sign it on the back every time your renew (no idea why). So, if you carry your registration for your boat/trailer in your boat and someone steals it they can pretend to be you and sell it. Stupid idea.

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
Don't get seduced by snappy optoins. I like one model above the Tradesman. Vehicles last a long time now, especially with a diesel and decent care. My last truck a Ford lasted over 20 years, and was worth 1/2 what I paid for it.

3TV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I know in AR you don't get a pink slip/title for a boat or trailer of any type so the only thing you carry to prove it is yours is the registration - and you have to sign it on the back every time your renew (no idea why). So, if you carry your registration for your boat/trailer in your boat and someone steals it they can pretend to be you and sell it. Stupid idea.
I just bought a new tractor to do some work on my property. When the dealership dropped it off and handed me the papers I asked if the title would be mailed to me. They said there wasn't one. I asked about a manufacturers statement of origin, and they said there wasn't one of those either. So, I asked "how do I prove it's mine?" They replied, "It's in your driveway".

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I am not sure about this, BUT
i think that i read something about California DMV can either send the owner a Pink Slip, or they can Hold it for you.

I do know that if your house burns down & all your important papers get burnt, they have some papers that you would fill out to get replacements

KalboKalbs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
21 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Past ten years. Five or six paid off vehicles, I traded in to a dealer. I signed and handed over the "pink slip".

EACH time the dealer included in the paperwork, a document to register the vehicle, sale with DMV, as IF, I had NOT handed them the "pink slip".

When I have asked the dealer, W!F? They always say, it is easier this way.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I just bought a new tractor to do some work on my property. When the dealership dropped it off and handed me the papers I asked if the title would be mailed to me. They said there wasn't one. I asked about a manufacturers statement of origin, and they said there wasn't one of those either. So, I asked "how do I prove it's mine?" They replied, "It's in your driveway".
Now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever seen or heard of a title on a piece of equipment that doesn't need to be licensed. Tractors, backhoes, other heavy equipment, mowers, etc.

KalboKalbs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
21 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever seen or heard of a title on a piece of equipment that doesn't need to be licensed. Tractors, backhoes, other heavy equipment, mowers, etc.
My guess is everything is digital any more. Paper title obsolete.

Somewhere along the way, states and vehicle (all types) and finance businesses forgot to inform chose to ignore consumers.

Anticipate paying off a Jeep later this year. I'll be paying attention. Share whatever I learn.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My guess is everything is digital any more. Paper title obsolete.

Somewhere along the way, states and vehicle (all types) and finance businesses forgot to inform chose to ignore consumers.

Anticipate paying off a Jeep later this year. I'll be paying attention. Share whatever I learn.
I bought this RAM last March. Paid a few months on it just for the credit report thing, than paid it off in September. The lien holder (USAA) sent me a paper title a couple weeks later. Now I have a utility trailer I'm getting ready to sell. All I have is the registration because AR doesn't issue titles on trailers. So I have to download a 'Bill of Sale' from the AR DMV, then the buyer and myself have to fill it out, sign it, and make copies for each other. Real PITA.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I have three tractors and a mini excavator and not one has a title. The proof is just the receipt showing what I paid for it.
I also have had four trailers and I received a title for one, but the others, the company issues a document that has the look of a title, but technically it isn't recognized as a title. Back in NJ the registration would have "NTTRL" on it. I asked the DMV clerk what that meant..."Non Titled Trailer" was the response.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4

Unless things have changed recently, my state allows you to title one if you so choose, and the value is over $5k. The process is similar to titling a home-built vehicle and will require a VIN to be assigned and affixed (they assign it, you don't get to choose). Anything under $5k isn't eligible, but you can get an affidavit of ownership if you need to prove you own it for some reason. Typically for scrapping purposes, I think. If it turns out to be stolen, the scrapyard has ready proof they acted in good faith that you were the owner.

Stavinksi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My tractor cost more than my first new car, no title. Amazing the state doesn’t want to tax it.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
another thing in California ..

Back in 1971, i bought a 12' wide, 60' long mobile home
The trailer factory had an outfit deliver the mobile home to a trailer space that i had rented.

I was told sometime in the Title Transfer or Bill of Sale paperwork, that, i had a choice of keeping the Mobile Home registered with DMV, or i could remove the wheels & then it would be more like a building & then i would pay taxes.
They no longer require that the wheels be removed, that change happened because some of the Trailer Movers, were Stealing the wheels & tires, that the trailer owner had paid for

Then if i wanted to move it to another location, i would just have to get a Transportation Permit

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
Payments will be low, but once paid off in 15 years, you will have paid double for that thing by paying interest forever!!!
well the theory was that we wouldnt last till the end of the note anyway. but your right, normally not a smart way to do it. we paid cash for our last travel trailer but now we hanging on to our cash.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
well the theory was that we wouldnt last till the end of the note anyway. but your right, normally not a smart way to do it. we paid cash for our last travel trailer but now we hanging on to our cash.
Gonna spend all yer "cash" to go to Jerry's World to watch the Cowgirls, lol. :cool::33::Big Laugh:

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
nah, it has gotten too tough to watch them play. best I can do is have the game on in the background while multi-tasking on other stuff. plus I'll never give Jerry a penny of my money.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
nah, it has gotten too tough to watch them play. best I can do is have the game on in the background while multi-tasking on other stuff. plus I'll never give Jerry a penny of my money.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, gonna make Jerry "cry". Wifey (when alive ) and I were gonna try and catch a game (now not for the Cowgirls, Momma (was) Green Bay Fan). But between say middle mezo tickets, at $535 a piece, plus 2-3 hour drive, plus parking fees, and walking, and and..........

Figured a lot cheaper to sit on couch, instead of burn up over $1,200 for a "3" hour tour.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat