New truck!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07stuntin6r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So since I missed my 2013 quad cab sport and traded it for a stupid vw gti...I had to get myself into another truck and this time a crew cab!

Got a pretty good deal truck was marked down to 34k due to it being a demo. Only had 3k miles and it ate most of my negative in my trade.
78fca390f666ade9d5345ed3600620e2.jpg
old
f48de6e8ab17af03095f46173b2cd2db.jpg

Royals

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Congrats! Whats on the agenda as far as mods? :buffer:

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Very nice, although being a Vw fan lol I would have tried to keep them both. :)

OP
OP

07stuntin6r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Very nice, although being a Vw fan lol I would have tried to keep them both. :)

No way that thing depreciated 50% in a year and was in its 3rd water pump at 18k miles lol. Was stage 2 tuned and just wasn't cutting it.

I got lucky and got this truck for a great deal. Has the nav system, clear bra on hood and door edges, spray in liner and also an anti slip diff. Now does that mean it's limited slip or locking diff?

Mods well I ordered a bug deflector and window visors. Might get the front windows tinted, slap on a muffler like my last one (keep resonators this time), put in a subwoofer under the back seat, and Rollup tonneau cover. Possibly....leveling kit and that might be all I do. If it was 4x4 obviously things would be different lol

OP
OP

07stuntin6r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
One ?....on my 13 it had the 6sp transmission and this one I have the 8. Granted better gas mileage but the shift to 2nd is more firm. That normal?

Tanker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 2WD / 2008 HD Street Bob
Engine
5.7 Hemi
And my dealer told me I would be the ONLY ONE with that color. GEEZ

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Congrats on your new ride, beauty truck

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Nice move trading the VW. They're awful! The tdi is great, but it's surrounded by a garbage car. We've had 3 of them.

Our 2011 Jetta Highline had terrible speakers, like a few stages lower than the stock ST Ram speakers. (Ram speakers aren't bad, I'd much rather have had them) Other than that I just wasn't happy with the fit and finish for a 30k car. It felt cheap inside.

Our 2012 Passat Highkine TDI has a garbage transmission, the AC had a terrible smell they couldn't ever fix, and tons of rattles inside that would drive you nuts. The Nav screwed up countless times taking me way out of the way too. Essentially the Nav was useless.

Our 2012 Jetta 2.0 gas has been the worst by far. 10,000 kms on it and it got an engine tick. They pulled the top and bottom end apart (then put the dirty oil back in instead of fresh oil..******* dealer). Get the car home, makes the noise again. Car goes to the dealer, couple weeks later pick it up with a brand new engine in it. The EGR quit, leaving the driver of the car stranded on the side of the road. It was towed to the dealer. The windshield wiper motor broke, and the speakers were terrible (like the 2011 anything above 12 became distorted. So low volume is all you get). Can't remember if I've missed anything.

2015 Jetta Highline TDI. Other than the AC just quitting on a less than a year old car, and a couple annoying dash rattles it's been fine..knock on wood.

Anyway sorry for the derailment lol! Congrats on the truck man, looks great!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice truck!
Welcome back

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
One ?....on my 13 it had the 6sp transmission and this one I have the 8. Granted better gas mileage but the shift to 2nd is more firm. That normal?

It's normal in the sense that a lot of people have this issue. I've yet to read of anyone figuring out what causes it or see anyone have actual issues that stem from it. So yeah, it's normal haha.

Congrats on the truck though. It's gorgeous. Love how clean the interior looks. Need to get mine detailed on the inside.

PARay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice truck! Welcome back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

07stuntin6r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It's normal in the sense that a lot of people have this issue. I've yet to read of anyone figuring out what causes it or see anyone have actual issues that stem from it. So yeah, it's normal haha.

Congrats on the truck though. It's gorgeous. Love how clean the interior looks. Need to get mine detailed on the inside.

Thanks! Gonna order some good protectant spray just to be safe incase anything happens.