Newbie 2021 ram 1500 weird noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Homegrown173

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
First post, first time truck owner kids are finally old enough wife let me get one!

I have a 2021 ram bighorn 1500 crew cab. It has 700 miles on it. The last week I have noticed a weird noise coming from what I think are the back wheels when I coast and stops when I hit the brakes. This may have been going on since first purchase but finally warm enough here in Ohio to have back window open. Is this normal or something I should be concerned about?

noodles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
May want to bring it in and have them torque down the bolts. Dealer service will test drive and see if they can explain it.

OP
OP
H

Homegrown173

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Well just got a call from the dealer. They have had it for 2 days and can’t figure out the noise. Keeping it another day. Hope this isn’t a ongoing issue.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Per your info, this is a new body style Ram 1500 w/ the pentastar V6, so it's got E-torq.

Can you describe the noise?

OP
OP
H

Homegrown173

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
It sounds like a rotational metal on metal noise in the back end. They checked the brakes, and rotors the car only has 1k miles on it. They ordered a new back plate that should be installed tomorrow. As they think that might be the issue