newest map

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

30below

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
whats the newest map?Mine is NQNA2012Q4.

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I think you need to look at NaviServer code, the latest should be 9.10.32.xxxxx and V10

EDIT - Just installed latest and as noted below it was HMNA2017Q2, which is the V10 map.

Last edited:

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not that I’ll ever look into it since I think the factory navy is fairly useless(unless they’ve made a bunch of changes to it) but I was to, how would I pay to upgrade it since I have no disk player? I ask that because Ive heard that on past systems, they just send you an update CD but nowadays, what do you do, go on their website and pay for a downloadable file you load on a USB memory stick for the slot you plug your phone into under the console lid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not that I’ll ever look into it since I think the factory navy is fairly useless(unless they’ve made a bunch of changes to it) but I was to, how would I pay to upgrade it since I have no disk player? I ask that because Ive heard that on past systems, they just send you an update CD but nowadays, what do you do, go on their website and pay for a downloadable file you load on a USB memory stick for the slot you plug your phone into under the console lid?

Good question. Yes apparently they do send you a USB to update it with.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

They send you a USB stick instead of a CD. My mother just upgraded hers in her Jeep GC and that's how it was delivered.

-K

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They send you a USB stick instead of a CD. My mother just upgraded hers in her Jeep GC and that's how it was delivered.

-K

So, did they change anything? In other words, is it any better than before?....lol. I mean, aside from being able to sling Apple maps, Google maps and Waze onto my screen through CarPlay, that built in NAV is kinda useless. Lol.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
So, did they change anything? In other words, is it any better than before?....lol. I mean, aside from being able to sling Apple maps, Google maps and Waze onto my screen through CarPlay, that built in NAV is kinda useless. Lol.

The map update is just a map database update, it doesn't change any of the features. It adds/removes roads as needed, updates speed limits, updates the POI database, etc. For functionality updates, that's the free firmware updates from UConnect. But the AA/Carplay functionality is also a hardware update, so none of the pre-2018 radios will ever get that.

-K

vhmike73

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500 Laramie Limited
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I updated the maps on my truck at the end of November, and the version which came on the USB stick from the links shared above is HMNA2017Q2. My radio's version WAS at NQNA2013Q4 when I got it (I got a VP4 version head unit to replace the stock VP3 unit in my 2016).

I figure that 4 years old was about old enough to go with the stock map database so I did the upgrade. I haven't really USED the newer maps yet, but I'm sure they should reflect the changes in some of my roads that have been made in the last couple years around here. I suppose I should check, eh?

BTW: if anyone's looking for one, I have a VP3 head unit that hasn't been upgraded to NAV; but I don't have enough posts to use the classifieds yet. Just sayin'... ;)

20181127_193846.jpg

DwnDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The factory nav sucks.. I just upgraded mine via FCA through USB and its so plain. I mean sure it works, but my gf's new Accord with a Garmin set up is so much better. Even though its nice to have nav in my truck as an extra option, its not worth the $400 bucks I just paid. Only advatage is getting a dollar or 3 more upon trade in since it was a loaded sport with no nav or roof. I can't or won't add the sunroof, but at least its got nav now. Lol