Night mode backup camera not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doug Warner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I bought my 2019 Ram 2500 Mega cab Cummins in March of 2020, the day I bought it I went to leave the dealership and night mode camera jumps so bad you can’t see anything. Dealer did an update a week later... didn’t fix it .
Took it back months later and they kept the truck for 5 weeks & ended up changing the tailgate camera, didn’t fix it .... I’ve owned the truck for one year now and you can’t use the backup camera at all if it’s in nighttime mode .
I have 8 thousand miles on the truck and owned it 12 months. The dealership has had the truck in shop for a total of 6 weeks and can’t figure out the issue or they are just playing with me ... anybody else having or had this issue I would appreciate to know what my next step should be ... Thank You in advance

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I bought my 2019 Ram 2500 Mega cab Cummins in March of 2020, the day I bought it I went to leave the dealership and night mode camera jumps so bad you can’t see anything. Dealer did an update a week later... didn’t fix it .
Took it back months later and they kept the truck for 5 weeks & ended up changing the tailgate camera, didn’t fix it .... I’ve owned the truck for one year now and you can’t use the backup camera at all if it’s in nighttime mode .
I have 8 thousand miles on the truck and owned it 12 months. The dealership has had the truck in shop for a total of 6 weeks and can’t figure out the issue or they are just playing with me ... anybody else having or had this issue I would appreciate to know what my next step should be ... Thank You in advance
I repaired a 2019 RAM 3500 last week with the same problem. Another dealer replaced the backup camera a couple of times and updated the radio with the same software thinking the software may have been corrupted.

I ended up replacing the radio as well as the LDVS Cable (video cable) to the backup camera and it was working properly after the repair.

OP
OP
D

Doug Warner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I repaired a 2019 RAM 3500 last week with the same problem. Another dealer replaced the backup camera a couple of times and updated the radio with the same software thinking the software may have been corrupted.

I ended up replacing the radio as well as the LDVS Cable (video cable) to the backup camera and it was working properly after the repair.

OP
OP
D

Doug Warner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Do you work for a dealership?
And if so do you have any idea how to get them to change out the headset.... they are refusing to say that the radio head set is the problem

Arvid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My back up camera just went blank yesterday.
Just black screen

Last edited:

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Do you work for a dealership?
And if so do you have any idea how to get them to change out the headset.... they are refusing to say that the radio head set is the problem
Yes, I do work for a dealership and have been a part of the dealership life for 22 years. Your best bet is to give Chrysler a call and ask them to get the Zone Tech involved. Trying to talk your dealer into replacing the radio is nearly impossible because radios have to be order through Parts Function 11 which can take 3-8 days to get the radio in stock. Radios and screens and displays and receivers are not cheap these days in the dealership which is why they are afraid to pull the trigger and stand behind ordering one and replacing it. If the radio is sent back for warranty, which it will be, and they find nothing wrong with the radio, the dealer gets charged back for the cost of the repair. Depending on what radio you have the repair could be anywhere from $900-$3000 once everything is marked up by parts and labor is tacked on. Dealers do not like to get charged back for anything let alone a radio/screen/display, etc.

Did they list any DTC's on the repair order when you picked the truck up? Can you ask them for a list of the original DTC's for your personal records? They should be able to find them by looking at your repair order history in WiAdvisor or hopefully the tech wrote them down on the R.O.

Arvid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I slammed my tail gate hard and it’s come back

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iralee