night time display

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dana hassler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2022 Ram 2500 with 12" Uconnect screen does not dim at night or it dims too much to the point you cannot read the names of the roads. I had the Salesman set it once and it could not be read when night came. I know about the dimming dial and if I have it all the way up then it is too bright at night and one click down and you can't see anything. I had the same display on my 2020 ram 1500 and it did not do this. I took it to service today and the guy said he could not fix it and wrote it up as working the way it was designed. Well it sure doesn't work to my satisfaction or the way the last display worked. The service rep said it was like this on a lot of the cars and trucks. Ok, when can we expect a software fix or why can't you just go back and copy the code from the 2020 model and place it in the appropriate space??? This should be an easy fix. The truck listed for over $80,000 this is just not acceptable. I love the rest of the truck no other complaints but this really is maddening. I made a new user and put that user in dark mode so I can drive at night and the screen is usable that way but now after using it that way for over a month it has lost all its settings for the new user. Arrrrrrggggghhhhhh!

John Chappell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the same issue. The display doesn’t auto-adjust in a useful manner. I have to adjust it manually.

SF_bay

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn Max Cab
Engine
Cummings 6.7
Hello I have a 2022 2500 Max Cab Longhorn, I saw the same issue with my truck and the owners manual is of no help. But there are 3 options that may help, first is if you have a profile and it is active/logged in, second is if the dial for the lights is set to ‘auto’, I think it will look at what is set in witch ever profile is logged in. I did see the display change automatically when it got dark but I agree at night it is just to bright. Hope this helps,, come back if it works out.
I am still trying to figure out the ‘theme ‘ option and and what should I see and where should I see it.

SF_bay

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn Max Cab
Engine
Cummings 6.7
Dana, can you tell me the status of your issue, has anyone resolved this issue? has Dealer or Uconnect contacted you or is there responce ‘it’s not me it’s them’.
This problem reall really sucks and is a distraction while driving. It’s way to bright or way to dark, nothing in between. The manual really sucks on this feature as well, just says , ‘yep we have a dimmer switch’

Bruce Harbison

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Make sure the instrument light dimmer (dial on right) is not in the full up position to full on. My '18 Limited also worked this way.

Attachments

• 20220921_203720.jpg
    20220921_203720.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 1

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Make sure the instrument light dimmer (dial on right) is not in the full up position to full on. My '18 Limited also worked this way.

My 22' 12in screen does the same

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddo