Nitto Recon Grappler 1k mile

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My buddy talked me into trying them and I saw a few guys looking for reviews so I'll post one since I've put 1k miles on them so far. These are Nitto Recon tire 35x12.5r17 on a 22' 3500 srw. I am a bfg ko2 kinda guy and have had very good luck with them. Wanted to find some thing for more summer with longer tread life. I will be switching to a full snow winter tire later.

These tires look great I don't think you can ask for much better looking. The ride is really smooth no weird vibration or shimmys track pretty nice as well. The are a bit louder than my any ko2 I have owned but it is not overwhelming just a hum. It will be hard to compare the ride as I went from 20s to 17s so my ride is pretty soft lol. Traction on gravel washboard roads seemed to be good and light mud no issued, still haven't been into the woods with them or the truck for that matter. We have a lot of rain so testing them out on wet surfaces not a issue. When towing 10k trailer I find myself breaking Traction fairly easy and no trailer it won't take much as well. I would say if you looking for a great wet Traction tire I would look at another. Overall I am happy with them and will run them bald.

Attachments

• 20220419_162736.jpg
    20220419_162736.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 20220419_172805.jpg
    20220419_172805.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 45

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My buddy talked me into trying them and I saw a few guys looking for reviews so I'll post one since I've put 1k miles on them so far. These are Nitto Recon tire 35x12.5r17 on a 22' 3500 srw. I am a bfg ko2 kinda guy and have had very good luck with them. Wanted to find some thing for more summer with longer tread life. I will be switching to a full snow winter tire later.

These tires look great I don't think you can ask for much better looking. The ride is really smooth no weird vibration or shimmys track pretty nice as well. The are a bit louder than my any ko2 I have owned but it is not overwhelming just a hum. It will be hard to compare the ride as I went from 20s to 17s so my ride is pretty soft lol. Traction on gravel washboard roads seemed to be good and light mud no issued, still haven't been into the woods with them or the truck for that matter. We have a lot of rain so testing them out on wet surfaces not a issue. When towing 10k trailer I find myself breaking Traction fairly easy and no trailer it won't take much as well. I would say if you looking for a great wet Traction tire I would look at another. Overall I am happy with them and will run them bald.
So whats your thoughts on these tires now? I am going up to a 35x12.5/20 from a 305/55/20. Currently have Falken WildPeak AT3w’s and they have been outstanding. I have 65k+ on them and they still prob have another 15k. Hard to go another route.
Im considering:
Recon Grapplers
Ridge Grapplers
WildPeaks
The Recon’s are slightly cheaper by $20per than the other two.
Interested in your update!

OP
OP
Dinky

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So whats your thoughts on these tires now? I am going up to a 35x12.5/20 from a 305/55/20. Currently have Falken WildPeak AT3w’s and they have been outstanding. I have 65k+ on them and they still prob have another 15k. Hard to go another route.
Im considering:
Recon Grapplers
Ridge Grapplers
WildPeaks
The Recon’s are slightly cheaper by $20per than the other two.
Interested in your update!

Idk you would have to ask the guy I sold them to . I went with the toyo at3 a lot better ride and better traction.

OP
OP
Dinky

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My concern was your comment on traction, so obviously it was enough of an issue to dump them!

I didn't like how they rode and seems to be the compound was just hard. I needed a snowflake tire for winter as I go over passes and recons were not a good fit for me. For me the tires did not do good on wet surfaces but I do have a deisel but the toyo AT3 already out preform the recons.