no bus comm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

altasnowman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all and thanks . I have a 02 1500 4.7 that was running fine when I parked it in Nov/18. Went to start it a while ago and had to charge battery before it would run. It runs well but I have no gauges, headlight control, speedo, tach, overhead consol. Signal lights seem to work on dash but nothing at tail lights. Cruise control not working, remote volume in steering wheel not working. Only thing that is working is power windows. I have been trying to figure out what is going on and have started to pull my hair out as I can not afford to take to mechanic as I am on disability. Looking for someone that can help me figure it out. When I turn the key to on position I get Odometer reads no bu5. I just can not figure this out. Any and all help is and will be appreciated.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
No bus means you have a disconnect somewhere and computer modules aren't communicating. If it was parked (especially outside) for that long rodents may have decided to snack on some of your wiring. Check underhood from the PCM out.

OP
OP
altasnowman

altasnowman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have checked and the meeses have not made a snack out of my Ram. I am going to try disconnecting the pcm plugs and a few others to see what happens. I think it is something simple and will probably kick myself when I find it.