No headlights issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reynolds2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Folks, could use some expertise out there. Recently my high and low beam lights went out on the passenger side of my 2013 1500 big horn. I took it to the dealer and they told me it was the headlight housing (the actual whole headlight) that needed to be replaced due to a crack. It was cracked somewhere on the back where the bulbs plug into the headlight housing.. Which caused the bulbs to not come on... ???? Anybody heard of this? Or did I misunderstand what the mechanic meant? I'm pretty sure of what I heard. Let me know any dirt you may have on something like this. I would rather hot wire the lights to make it work than replace it if possible. I feel like maybe it's a sensor causing it to not come on.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Never heard of this happening before. At least not the physical shell itself causing the problem.

Had you messed with the bulb recently?

evanblain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Should be under warranty shouldn't it? Let them replace it. I had a drivers side quit but would work 10% of the time. Dealership said it was a loose connection. They fixed it and it never came back.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Did he mean the connector on the harness? I cant see how the housing would cause this issue. No, I have never heard of this.

Honestly, take it to another dealership and tell them whats up, and that the other place was making up a fishy story. Its free labor for them, they should want to fix it under warranty.

OP
OP
R

reynolds2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys,

Turns out it was the headlight housing causing the issue. Had to be replaced, all connectors and wiring stayed. new housing and the lights are back on!!