No heat need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Viper07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram 1500
Engine
I have a 2013 ram 1500 with the 4.7 litre and I have a little heat but not great I did a heater core flush and it helped a little but the heat is still not the greatest I find the heat is better when the fan is on low. If I turn it on high it gets colder. I don’t know if this a blender door problem or do I have to replace the heater core?

OCDTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When truck is hot and you have heater on high heat, go feel the two heater hoses outside under the hood, are they both hot, neither hot, or one hot?

OP
OP
V

Viper07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram 1500
Engine
So i checked them and one was hotter then the other one. But both were hot. that was before I did the heater core flush I’ll have to check agian.

OCDTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So i checked them and one was hotter then the other one. But both were hot. that was before I did the heater core flush I’ll have to check agian.[/Hot means there is circulation. One being little cooler would mean heat transfer. It just doesnt seem to be getting in truck.

How hot? Very hot good warm not good

I did see someone on here few days ago 100,000 miles with a filthy heater core.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OCDTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well i messed that up. Higher fan speed colder i would think clog somewhere. Did you flush both directions. Seems theres circulation. Just not enough

Lines very hot i would suspect blend door

Lines warm heater core flush again/replace probably.

Wait for others to reply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
I have a 2013 ram 1500 with the 4.7 litre and I have a little heat but not great I did a heater core flush and it helped a little but the heat is still not the greatest I find the heat is better when the fan is on low. If I turn it on high it gets colder. I don’t know if this a blender door problem or do I have to replace the heater core?

Blend door, has highest probability.
Heater would have to be clogged, inside the core, so no warm from the engine coolant is getting through the heater core,
From the Outside, the fins are totally caked with gunk, dust and debris, so no air from the fan is getting thru the fins, picking up heat and transferring that heat tru the vents.

Low fan speed seems best ?
Even with totally clogged heater core fins, running air aeround the warm core itself will give more heat as more air is added. While the air coming out of the heater core will not be nearly as warm, as if the fins were not cogged, open to air flow and air actually flowed past those fins, picking up additional warmth from the heater core, having a hot heater core with blown air going around it, will warm up dsaid air.;

these heater cores are not Cam shafts and teh clearances are not that damn tight. if you feel air, you feel warmth, its air getting past the heater core.

With a blend door issue, the lower fan speed, pushing air through the heatr cores fins could outwiegh the ambient col air sneaking in.
AS fan speed increases, cold ambient air increases qand that slight amount of h eater core air getting blown thru is overwhelemed.

OP
OP
V

Viper07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram 1500
Engine
So I was checking and both hoses are fine then I went into the truck and still no heat then I check the passenger side and heat is good on that side so it has to be the blender door but which blender door is for the drivers side? Does anyone know the location of it

dputnam01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Turbo Diesel
I have experienced this once and found a rats nest in my cabin heat filter plenum that was restricting airflow. You may want to check the air ducting

Bigredhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like My 2012 ram is having the same problem. Started with AC not real cold this fall. Now no heat. I can see front actuator move with heat controler. I took pic of Evap from blower. Has crap in there. I get good air flow just cold. I want to clean both evaporator, heater core and blenddoor but have to remove AC lines to evap. remove dash... remove heater box... just to check them all. Any way to make sure it is not water pump? Truck does not get hot, changed thermostat anyway, rad cap, flushed, cleaned, burped air all twice. Just going to cost to have AC purged and recharged.

20191229_131508.jpg