No Jack in my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToddS1971

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I discovered today (a little over a year after buying it) I have no Jack in my truck. I randomly just thought “you know I might need to know where the Jack is”. Owners manual said under the passenger seat and so I look and there’s nothing there. Nice. Good thing I haven’t needed it so far. Can get it from Mopar for WAY more than I wanna pay, so I came here for suggestions. It’s a 2015 1500

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
So I discovered today (a little over a year after buying it) I have no Jack in my truck. I randomly just thought “you know I might need to know where the Jack is”. Owners manual said under the passenger seat and so I look and there’s nothing there. Nice. Good thing I haven’t needed it so far. Can get it from Mopar for WAY more than I wanna pay, so I came here for suggestions. It’s a 2015 1500
Pick your poison,as you can get lots of 12volt jacks that'll work better then the stock scissor jack

I have 2 similiar to these,but the impact does leave a bit to be desired,a decent cordless impact is a better option,then the impacts that come with these kits.So you could save some money and get the one with-out the impact,then buy yourself a cordless impact

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The oem jack sucks any ways got a cheap small jack at herbor freight fits under my rear seat or in tool box as for the extention to drop the spare tire check a junk yard or ebay.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Salvage Yard

Stated ya ain't needed it & when was last time ya ever needed to jack, anything, away from home?

Pick up everything ya need from a pull it yourelf salvage yard adn call it good

or

spend a ton of cash and get some mighty fancy equipment,
that you will never use, as designed, but can have pride of ownership.

Like a bunch of 1911's.
Thogh, come ot think of it. I;d go junkyard jack adn actually pick up another 1911 with my savings.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Salvage yard or ebay. Ebay will cost more, but then you don't have wasted time tracking one down. If all you need is just the sicssors jack, you should be able to find one of those real easy at a salvage place with newer-ish vehicles. But if you need all the other parts, .....a lot of times you go to a yard and the handle is missing in this truck, and other parts are missing in the next truck. Can't find a lug wrench in any of them. Then it gets to be a waste of a morning. Also it's very likely with Chrysler, jacks/handles, etc could be very similar if not the same betseen different makes (Jeep, Durango, etc, even some Ford/GM jack parts are similar to Chrysler in 'some' cases) ..and years. I'm not sure what fits what anymore, but a little digging and you'll probably find out. If you go to a salvage yard, it would be good to know that.

Make a note of what other parts besides the jack are missing: Hold down fasteners, any brackets or pouches, handle crank, tire iron ...adapters to unscrew your spare. Best if you can get them in one package. If all you need is the actual jack, it won't be too bad. I ran into the same thing on a vehicle I bought a bit ago. I bought a whole kit on ebay from someone parting out a truck. Good luck

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the stock, but I carry this when on trips (see pic below). Also carry a breaker bar with 22 MM (12) duh, 6 point, not 12 under rear seat.

71Cs1LpeAlL._SX679_.jpg

Last edited:

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I understand how you could overlook it:

I once bought a Land Rover in CA sight-unseen, and drove er back to WI with wife & kids. Tires were 'ok' at best. Along the way did some of our fav trails around Moab and several Rocky Mountain trails (mostly Alpine Loop trails). Wasn't till I got home i discovered all of the jacking parts were missing! And if you know about Land Rover lug nuts, they're 1 1/8" wrench size. Nobody on the road would have a lug wrench that size.

Normally I check that stuff too.... (I SURE do now!)

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I really don't know what is under my passenger seat
i have a tool box & a suit case trolley jack & a spinner tool with 4 different lug sizes
KEN35656__61978.1400890757.jpg
I also have 2 sets of socket wrenches, metric & sae, not that it matters, my lug nuts are all splined. If Discount Tire did not put the special tool some where, i am in trouble.

I did not look to see what it takes to lower the spare
There is a Cone like what is put on a dogs neck

620L3M.jpg

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I have the stock, but I carry this when on trips (see pic below). Also carry a breaker bar with 22 MM 12 point under rear seat.

View attachment 515054
Have you tried that jack out with a flat tire.Kind of doesn't look like it would fit under a frame rail with a flat tire,and if it does,will it actually lift the truck high enough to change a tire.Just curious

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Electric…never knew there was such a thing. But I’ll still need the extensions to reach in and lower the spare.

Pretty sure a long 1/4" extension fits in the spare tire winch, I seem to remember using that at one point with an electric drill to lower and raise mine.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you tried that jack out with a flat tire.Kind of doesn't look like it would fit under a frame rail with a flat tire,and if it does,will it actually lift the truck high enough to change a tire.Just curious
honestly, no, but it compresses down real far and U can get it under frame, I think, lol. But I also have the stock just in case, LOL. In my County truck, I always carried a roll floor jack in the truck.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
honestly, no, but it compresses down real far and U can get it under frame, I think, lol. But I also have the stock just in case, LOL. In my County truck, I always carried a roll floor jack in the truck.
Before you need it,i'd let the air out of a front tire and check to see if it'll actually go under a frame rail and pick the truck up far enough to actually change a tire.Better off finding out on a nice day then on a rainy day when you need it

cdn cj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the stock, but I carry this when on trips (see pic below). Also carry a breaker bar with 22 MM 12 point under rear seat.

View attachment 515054
I agree that’s a nice jack/support stand but I wouldn’t use a 12 point socket on anything except a light duty or hard to access bolt.
The 12 points only grip on the corners of the bolt where a 6 point puts stress on the flats.
I would think a 12 point on the ridiculous chrome clad lug nuts is a recipe for trouble.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Before you need it,i'd let the air out of a front tire and check to see if it'll actually go under a frame rail and pick the truck up far enough to actually change a tire.Better off finding out on a nice day then on a rainy day when you need it
It goes almost twice as high as stock windy up, hmmm, let air outta tire, ahhhhhh, nah, never been a fan of air up/air down. We did have that option in our 5 ton trucks, not the LMT's tho, they were not even fielded when I retired in '96, hee hee.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree that’s a nice jack/support stand but I wouldn’t use a 12 point socket on anything except a light duty or hard to access bolt.
The 12 points only grip on the corners of the bolt where a 6 point puts stress on the flats.
I would think a 12 point on the ridiculous chrome clad lug nuts is a recipe for trouble.
Mis spoke, meant 6 point, too early, gotta correct that post, oops, hee hee. Nice catch.