No manual or mic input for navigation system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Akorne1535

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Turbo Diesel
I have a 2020 ram 2500 limited. Recently my complementary SiriusXM guardian expired. When I try to manually input or use the microphone to search for an address in the navigation system it does not work. Anyone else having this issue? Thank you

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Not much help, but mine is doing that. I needed to enter an address into it and it wouldn't take it. I need to take the time to read the manual to see what I am doing wrong.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
It is another way for Stellantis to make money
They saw how Sirius XM was raking in the dough & decided because many people were not updating the Navigation very often & less & less people were subscribing Sirius Guardian or Uconnect Advantage, they decided to shut the microphone off unless you keep your subscriptions up to date.

They have said that that is not what they are doing & they are saying that there is a flaw in the software
BUT
everything suddenly begins working again if you renew your subscription

read this, it explains how they plan to empty your wallet through subscriptions

IF you have the 12" radio, no one knows how to make it work as designed

Last edited:

Gondul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Onboard NAV is crap anyway... AA or CarPlay are supremely better.

OP
OP
A

Akorne1535

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Turbo Diesel
Thanks for the replies. RAM told me to hold down the VR button and request a search, but that does not go to the navigation system it just brings up Siri and sends it to the cell phone! Can’t believe they don’t have a fix for this!

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Get one of these:
wireless carplay/android auto. Your smart phone will always be there when you start to drive with no fuss. Love it.

Or reset the NAV unit by pulling fuse F44 (my favorite new trick) from the internal fuse block.

Last edited by a moderator:

Killroy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L eTorque
Get one of these:
wireless carplay/android auto. Your smart phone will always be there when you start to drive with no fuss. Love it.

Or reset the NAV unit by pulling fuse F44 (my favorite new trick) from the internal fuse block.
What does pulling the fuse do?

OP
OP
A

Akorne1535

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Turbo Diesel
RAM finally replaced the whole system (Voice Recognition) and it’s working, not perfect, but the VR to navigation works. Thanks for your feedback.

DCR1900

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 & 2021
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I took the time to access the F44 fuse and removed it for awhile and then put it back in and that did not fix my navigation issue. When I have time I will take it to a dealer and see if they have any solutions -