No options for a lift???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bankr

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So i’m currently in a dilemma after buying my 2021 1500 Limited w/ air suspension.

I want to lift it…as i’ve done with my past trucks…but there doesn’t seem to be any viable options.

BDS? - nope. After reading the forums for several months, i reach out to Nick, who seems to be the guy for lifts. his response? he can no longer recommend them. after reading the major failures and seeing the pictures of broken trucks, okay..i get it.

RC? - nope. For as many people that i read that have installed that 5” lift and they love it…i read an equal amount of posts about how RC is trash, crap parts…why would you ever put that on your $70k truck???

What am i left with?? Paying to remove the air suspension and starting from the beginning?? With the amount of trucks that are being sold these days with air suspension, why are there such few options??

Thoughts anyone??

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
So i’m currently in a dilemma after buying my 2021 1500 Limited w/ air suspension.

I want to lift it…as i’ve done with my past trucks…but there doesn’t seem to be any viable options.

BDS? - nope. After reading the forums for several months, i reach out to Nick, who seems to be the guy for lifts. his response? he can no longer recommend them. after reading the major failures and seeing the pictures of broken trucks, okay..i get it.

RC? - nope. For as many people that i read that have installed that 5” lift and they love it…i read an equal amount of posts about how RC is trash, crap parts…why would you ever put that on your $70k truck???

What am i left with?? Paying to remove the air suspension and starting from the beginning?? With the amount of trucks that are being sold these days with air suspension, why are there such few options??

Thoughts anyone??
BDS had a bad run with a ball joint they didn’t manufacture there is no need to steer clear. That being said if you want it done right with no issues convert the whole truck to coils and run a quality 2.5 coil over in the front from King, Fox or icon

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Couldnt you use the bds kit and just get different brand a-arms…i think that has been the only major issue with the bds kits (the ball joints in the a-arms).

magz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 E-Torque
Following. New Limited on the way

OP
OP
B

bankr

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After lots of reading and getting a lot of opinions…I have decided to remove the air suspension and have a regular 4-6” lift. The final straw was talking to a Jeep/Ram service manager that talked about how many air suspension trucks were in the shop and the amount of problems they’ve encountered even with the stock trucks (meaning not lifted yet).

Probably best anyway as i prefer a more “stable” ride rather than the feel of the air suspension where it feels top heavy or squishy. I don’t mind it on the wife’s Jeep GC…just not for me on a truck.

Now to find someone to process the swap out….

OP
OP
B

bankr

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Let us know if we can help. I would recommend a Zone 6" lift with Fox 2.0's or full length 2.0's and then for the rear Fox 2.0's.

Two questions for you:

Main reasons why you would recommend that set up?

Secondly, can your trained eye tell me how much of a lift was on my old truck from this picture? i bought it already lifted and it was the perfect height.

Attachments

• 75D4CDBD-0342-482D-810F-F9AB4B0C85CF.jpeg
    75D4CDBD-0342-482D-810F-F9AB4B0C85CF.jpeg
    201 KB · Views: 23

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Two questions for you:

Secondly, can your trained eye tell me how much of a lift was on my old truck from this picture? i bought it already lifted and it was the perfect height.

Main reasons are that we have this exact setup on MANY RAMS and our customers all provide positive feedback on it. Zone is one of the better quality, well thought out kits on the market while being at a very fair price point. The Fox 2.0's ride GREAT on the road and perform very well off road. They are adjustable as well to dial in the front height. The Fox 2.5 full length coil overs ride great on the road and have amazing performance off road. Being full length they will allow you to not use the front spacers that come with the lift and gain more travel.

either 4" or 6". hard to say especially with the front sitting higher like that. Could be a 4" with adjustable front struts maxed out.

OP
OP
B

bankr

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Main reasons are that we have this exact setup on MANY RAMS and our customers all provide positive feedback on it. Zone is one of the better quality, well thought out kits on the market while being at a very fair price point. The Fox 2.0's ride GREAT on the road and perform very well off road. They are adjustable as well to dial in the front height. The Fox 2.5 full length coil overs ride great on the road and have amazing performance off road. Being full length they will allow you to not use the front spacers that come with the lift and gain more travel.

either 4" or 6". hard to say especially with the front sitting higher like that. Could be a 4" with adjustable front struts maxed out.
Awesome, can you send me a PM with pricing for that set up?

Thank you for the info!

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Awesome, can you send me a PM with pricing for that set up?

Thank you for the info!

Sure, what height lift 4" or 6"? Also for the front 2.0 or 2.5 coil overs?

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

Thoughts anyone??
I bought RC one, that works with Air for 2021 Rebel.
I haven't installed yet. But few people on another forum did, with same Truck. No issues.
Only people I seen 'claiming' RC was junk, was people that never actually purchased it or ever had Truck with it...

Unrelated to Ram Truck, but I had RC kit added to my 2021 Jeep, no issues. I push the jeep hard, off-road every week with it.
I do with Rebel, which is why I got lift for it.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m thinking 6” and whatever is the higher performance choice. I’m a noob, so I’ll defer to your suggestion. :)
No problem. I'll send you a quote over shortly

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Two questions for you:

6"

OP
OP
B

bankr

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My rubicon was a 4” lift and felt like the truck was taller. I think it was 6” too.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
No problem. I'll send you a quote over shortly
He's got air suspension as much as I would love to see it deleted i dont think he is in that boat. Although his last sentence does mention it
@Nick@GotExhaust If he does want to remove the air suspension I can work with you and benny @AllMoparParts.com to put together a package for him
Im sure we can get with someone in cali that has alfaobd to turn off the air ride system (technically any reputable shop should be able to but we've seen how that goes)

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bankr

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just had my air suspension removed and went with a 6” Zone lift with Fox 2.5s, 35x12.5x20 Toyo MTs and whatever I could find in an all black wheel. I’m going to pay the dealer $189 to remove the air suspension codes and recalibrate the speedo.

I do have a question around the two fuses to remove though. I read everywhere to remove two fuses - one 20 and one 40 amp. The 20 amp makes sense because in the guide it says air suspension but I don’t see anything related to the air suspension that’s a 40 amp. which 40 do I remove?

Attachments

• 0BBFF4B3-4094-441F-BAAD-DA9EB4CCD265.jpeg
    0BBFF4B3-4094-441F-BAAD-DA9EB4CCD265.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 17

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
@bankr truck looks phenomenal brother
Post a picture of your owners manual fuse page and I’ll tell you what fuse/ relay to pull if needed

OP
OP
B

bankr

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@bankr truck looks phenomenal brother
Post a picture of your owners manual fuse page and I’ll tell you what fuse/ relay to pull if needed
Thank you! Although looking at your pic in the other thread and how straight everything is on the truck you did…and then looking at mine, they’re angled down some…it concerns me. should it?

It’s like 4 pages of fuses…but i’ll post it tomorrow to get your thoughts. thanks in advance for the second pair of eyes!

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Thank you! Although looking at your pic in the other thread and how straight everything is on the truck you did…and then looking at mine, they’re angled down some…it concerns me. should it?

It’s like 4 pages of fuses…but i’ll post it tomorrow to get your thoughts. thanks in advance for the second pair of eyes!
Post pictures of your suspension too. You did the fox 2.5 full length coilover with no spacer on top right?