No parking and dash lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gmanf61nc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V-10 8.0
I have a 95 ram 2500 and the parking lights are not working. I have replaced the headlight switch and the pigtail and no change. If I barely pull the switch out the lights will work but if I pull the switch until it clicks into place they go off. I can use a jumper wire from the hot terminal to the parking terminal and they light up. I can also use a jumper wire in the distribution box where the relay plugs in and they work. I'm out of ideas and not sure what what to do next. Anyone else ever had this problem? I also have remote start on the truck and it's tied into the parking lights when it's started the lights work. I had the shop that installed it check it out and that system is working fine

csuder99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are two connections at the light switch that should have power, one for the headlights (red/light green in the 96 service manual) and one for the parking lights/dashboard (red). If the latter doesn't have power trace the wiring and check fuses along the way. As far as I can tell there aren't any relays involved so not sure what you are jumping there. Fuse 18 in the fuse panel goes to the headlight switch and should have constant power from the PDC. The fact that you say the remote start somehow ties into it makes me think it's not installed correctly.