No power steering after head gaskets.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

manupnorth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I did the head gaskets on my non running ram I got. Not sure if it had power steering before I got it. Good part is now it's running great. No check engine lights but I have no power steering after I was done. With that a few questions.

Does it matter on the oil cooler attached to the radiator what rubber line was on what connection? Not the quick connects you use with a disconnect tool but the push on lines. I assume one is an in and ones an out, but would that effect it?

Secondly I ran the truck for a solid 4-6 minutes and saw no increase in temp on the truck and had no heat. But I'm kicking myself because I used the old thermostat. It was pretty clean so I assumed it was good. Yea I know. Rookie mistake on this one but I mention it just in case someone thinks if something I dont. I will do an Italian tuneup and love tap it tomorrow. Also, Yes I did replace the water pump and temp sensor under the air compressor.

If curious I replaced the camshaft, lifters, head gaskets, water pump, chromoly pushrods, temp sensor, had the heads resurfaced, new Mopar spark plugs and a new fuel rail (doesn't matter why lol). Think I got it all.

OP
OP
M

manupnorth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just wanted to finalize this post. 2 issues figured out later. The power steering pump leaked more than Britney Spears at a frat party, and a few injectors were not working whatsoever. I mean dead dead. Replaced the injectors and the PS pump and runs nice!

Now I just need to stick some bigger tires on it.